Wuthering Heights

Hindley x Heathcliff

I could not believe him. Stealing Father's attention from me like that. How dare he get part of Father's love. He is nothing. He will only ever be nothing.
My thoughts rambled together as a marched down the empty corridor, attempting to escape the one that caused my distress.
But of course, life couldn't work that way.
He rounded the corner, staring at the ground like the servant he is.
His presence alone enraged me. I felt hatred raise up in my chest, and nerves raise up in my stomach.
As soon as he was in reaching distance, I grabbed him by the collar and held him firmly against the wall, one knee between his thighs to prevent him from running away.
He gasped loudly as the air was forced from his lungs.
"What are you doing here?" I demanded, releasing a low growl.
He whimpered quietly, truly frightened now that Father wasn't here to protect him.
"N-n-nothing," he stuttered, flushing at the close contact.
Damn.
I leaned in closer, snarling. " I wish I didn't hate you for the soul purpose that you stole Father," I mumbled, watching him flinch away. "God, you make me feel like a bloody queen."
My head dropped against his shoulder in defeat of admitting my most disgusting secret.
I don't know why I told him. He could easily tell Father and have me killed.
I almost expected him to laugh, or perhaps yell loud enough for the household could hear I wasn't right.
But instead, he just blushed further.
Slowly, hesitantly, he raised his hand to the back of my head. He was beginning to shake at this point, mostly of fear.
I didn't know what he was doing, so I pulled back immediately, looking for any trace of amusement in his features. I found none.
He brought his hand up towards my face and held it beside it, not knowing if he was allowed to touch me.
I gently leaned into the dark hand, quieting the tremor that ran through it.
"You're not disgusted?" I whispered as quietly as I could. I, myself, was very much scared of the current situation.
He gently shook his head no. He began to smooth his thumb over my cheek, gradually easing his shaking.
I gave him a puzzled look.
Why would someone, let alone a boy, not be disgusted by me?
He opened his mouth to talk, clearly unsure if he was allowed to speak. Once I nodded my head in approval, he began.
" Why did you think I was homeless? I've never showed interest in women of any sort, and my parents, being ashamed and disgusted themselves, abandoned me on our trip to England. I was expecting to marry a woman early because my father hoped for many children, but seeing as that would be difficult, they shunned me."
I was speechless.
The fact he too was queer was astonishing enough. The news he was left with no way of knowing what he was doing or where he was was haunting.
I relaxed back against his thin shoulder, not minding our current position.
I felt him place his mouth against the crown of my head and kiss it sweetly.
I smiled at the feeling.
I wasn't the only one with these feelings. They were returned, at least a little. Perhaps not fully but enough to give me comfort that I was safer.
"You realize I still do not forgive you for stealing my father away from me, right?"