Twelve

(Edited: 8th, April 2018)

When I finally woke out of my semi conscious state, I looked around my room, noting the 2 boxes from my old house. I sat up, legs crossed, and reached for the closest one.

It was the one from the safe. Inside were 2 hard drives, one was black and the other was blue. Written in white block letters on the black one was S.B, and on the blue was B.N.

I picked my laptop up off the floor and sat it on my lap before plugging TJE black hard drive in, watching as my laptop turned on.

I pressed on the icon and waited for all the files to load. There was only one, unlabeled and all the space taken up. I frowned and clicked it as the file opened. Green numbers filled the screen, going up and down. I groaned, it was encrypted.

"What the hell?" I murmured.

I pulled the hard drive out of the port and replaced it with the blue one. The same thing happened. The only way to decrypt it would be to know how to decrypt it, and I definitely couldn't do that.

I pulled my phone out and dialed the only number I had ever memorized.

"Hello?" A sleepy voice answered on the third ring.

"JJ" I answered quietly.

"Bec, holy shit, I haven't heard from you in, like, a year." I heard him moving around, probably sitting up in bed.

He was the only one allowed to call me Bec. He was my first friend at the first school I went to after going on the run. He was nearly two years younger than me, and he had Dyslexia.

Despite the fact he was Dyslexic, he could hack, decode and decrypt anything, which I never really understood, but he always said it helped him see things, encryption and codes, that others couldn't.

He lives on the outskirts of California, and when I first moved near Cali he hacked into my Savings account for me to get some of my inheritance, because I'm not 18 and I couldn't enter the account.

"I know, I've missed you, but I need a favor. I have 2 encrypted hard drives that need your service."

"When can you get here?"

"That's the problem, I can't. So I'm gonna have to wait, and I don't know how long. It could be days, weeks, months, but I just needed to know if you're still in the business."

"Yeah, of course I am."He said, sounding cocky.

"Okay, good. I'll call you when I found out more information. I missed you."

"I missed you too. Bye Bec." I smiled, sadly. I heard the call end so I put my phone on the bed next to me.

I pulled the blue hard drive out of my laptop and put it back in the box with the black one. I put the box in the bottom of my wardrobe, where I continued to put the money from my bag next to it, then covered it with some of my clothes.

I grabbed the files off my bed and sat them on my desk. I pulled the drawer out and sat the files in the space, then slid the drawer back, struggling slightly.

I went and sat back on my bed and picked up the box with my name on it. It was long, wide and deep.

Inside was a beautiful long necklace, the chain half covered in beautiful leaf designs, with the rest just 3 lines of diamonds that connected back together.

Next to it was a pair of drop earrings, designed as the same leaves that wrapped around each other.

Beneath the necklace was a thick diamond bracelet, with diamond flowers and leaves, borded by more diamonds.

And below the bracelet was a rap around ring, with diamond flowers and leaves.

Taped to the inside of the lid was a note addressed to me. I pulled it off and opened it and began reading it.

Dear my darling daughter,

I saw this set the other day in New York and immediately thought of you. And I know your only 15, and your prom is nearly 3 years away but this is your prom present. I'm glad I've been able to watch you grow into the beautiful girl you are now, and I'm proud of what you've become. I'm going to watch you grow old, and I better get grandchildren or I'm cutting off your allowance until I get some little ones. Your dad is so going to kill me when he finds out how much these cost, but I would give you the world if I could. I love you so much sweety, never forget that.

P.S, if the father is going to be Sebastian, your children are going to have the best genes. Also don't tell your father I said that.

I love you will all my heart, happy Prom.

When I finished reading I had tears running down my cheeks, but a smile on my face. My mom was my world, and I loved her more then anything. I closed the lid and put it in my wardrobe on the top shelf.

I heard a knock on my door and I opened it. Kyle was leaning against my door frame, with a smirk on his face.

"Hey, baby, wanna have a good time?" He wiggled his eyebrows, a creepy smile on his face. I laughed at him and raised my own eyebrows.

"What do you want dumbass?"

"Babe, all I want is you... But, its gonna have to wait because Zamon wants to talk to you in his office." He said then turned and started walking down the corridor. I followed him then pushed him to the side so i could walk in step with him.

"What if I don't wanna wait?" I joked.

"Then you would be late and Zamon would kill you." He looked back at me and winked. I laughed again and hip bumped him.

He stopped all of a sudden, and I stopped and turned to look at him with my eyebrows raised. He looked confused.

"Wait, are you a virgin?" He asked quietly. My whole face dropped as I blinked at him.

"No." I answered quickly, my tone harsh. I left him there and continued towards Zamon's office.