Thirty-one

(Edited: 15th, May 2018)

I groaned, rolling in my bed, my head aching. I pulled the blanket up, my nude body exposed. I raised my head, confused as to why I was naked.

I groaned again and flopped back onto my back, than rolled over, trying to remember what had happened since the funeral.

I remembered going to the school and hurting Riley, then getting drunk and crashing my car. I sat up with a start. I crashed my god damn car.

I pulled the covers off me, and placed my feet on the floor. I frowned at my naked body again, then shrugged and stood up, taking a step before pain radiated from my foot. I looked down, noticing the pieces of glass on my floor, and in my foot. I sat back on my bed and pulled the shards out of my foot, than looked for the source of the glass.

Tears sprang to my eyes and I rushed over to the photo frame, mindful of the glass.

Picking up the picture, the tears fell as I gazed at his now scratched face. My mind flashed back to last night, and I froze as I realized what I'd done.

I slowly stood to my feet, than shrugged on my shirt and yanked on some sweatpants. I checked my phone for the time, and frowned. 7:39 a.m. I'd slept for more than 10 hours.

I swung my door open and quickly ran done the corridor in search of Zamon. I flung the office door open, then blatantly realized it wasn't his office any more.

I sighed, then paused as words and hollow laughter floated down the corridor. I back tracked towards the big hall, and walked through the kitchen to the archway, to get a better look at the room. I didn't find him, so I lent against the corner cupboards, dejected.

"You need to leave." Zamon's harsh voice sounded from behind me.

I turned to look at him, shocked. He was tense, his eyes hard and unkind, fists clenched at his side.

"Wha-What?" I choked out, flabbergasted.

"You're not wanted here anymore, Rebecca. There's no use for you." I gaped at him.

"All you do is cause people pain and anguish. Everyone you touch dies. You're the reason Kyle is dead."

His words shook my body, shattering my heart, making me flinch away from him. But he didn't stop.

"You're a disease, you destroy everything and everyone. You've continued to ruin everything for everyone in this town. Nobody wants you. You're nothing anymore Rebecca. You're a worthless, pathetic little girl."

"Is this about last night?" I asked quietly, my gaze on the floor, refusing to believe him.

"This is more than last night. You've killed people, destroyed families like Kyle's, and you still refuse to realize that you're a failure. You've never done anything to benefit anyone but yourself. You're a conceited, narcissistic, attention seeking whore!" He growled as he backed me into the corner, his hands on either side of me, gripping the counter.

Tears were streaming down my face, and for the first time in 2 years, fear struck my heart. I was scared of what Zamon might have done.

In my peripheral vision, I spotted Jack enter the kitchen, and frown at the position Zamon had me in. He noticed my tear stained face, and glared at the back of Zamon's head.

"What's going on? Zamon, what are you doing?!" He stepped closer, but froze as Zamon sent him a lethal glare over his shoulder.

He turned back around, and bent down to stare me directly in the eyes, before he snarled.

"Leave!" His voice boomed in my ears.

I shoved his chest and raced out of the room, not listening to Jack calling after me.

I reached my room, and grabbed my phone off my bedside table before I emptied the contents of my school bag onto my floor, not caring that I had glass embedded into my feet.

I searched through the pile until I found my wallet, then stepped over the discarded objects, grabbing my converse's and slipping my feet into them.

I quickly walked through the corridor, wiping my tears that continued to flow from eyes. I didn't understand why it hurt so much coming from Zamon, but it did.

I passed back through the kitchen, not wanting to walk through the big hall, and kept to the wall leading to the doors.

I quickly glanced over the room, taking in the faces, and I realized, sadly that the boys were here, sitting with Keenan. But they weren't laughing like usual, instead they just looked broken.

Just as I reached the doors, my eyes stopped on cold blue eyes, that held my gaze before turning back to face the table he was sitting at.

A new wave of tears welled in my eyes, and I pushed the doors open and stepped out into the cold morning.

I walked along the driveway, but paused about halfway when I noticed a dark spot on the gravel. His blood stained the ground, and nobody could remove it. A sob escaped my mouth, but I continued to stare. Maybe Zamon was right, maybe it was-

The startlingly familiar sound of the safety being switched off echoed from in front of me, and my head snapped up.

My blood boiled at the sight of the person in front of me.

Hunter Michaels.

We stood staring at each other, unmoving. He had a gun clenched in his right hand, but didn't make a move to raise it.

His eyes flicked to the spot on the ground, before looking me in the eye.

"You know, he wasn't who we were aiming for." He stated lazily, almost casually. I didn't respond, just staring at his gun.

"Are you going to shoot me?" My voice was void of emotion. He nodded his head in answer, and finally raised his gun.

"You wanna make sure that you kill me, because if you don't, I will hunt you down and put you through the pain that you and Sebastian have put me through, then I will kill you."

He just smirked, then shrugged his shoulders, before pulling the trigger.

Pain erupted in my stomach, and I staggered before falling to the ground. The sound of my phone and wallet sounded more intense as it hit the ground, and Hunter's footsteps as he walked away echoed as much as the shot had.

I clutched my stomach as I heard the doors open behind me, and several shouts, before people appeared above me in blurred shapes and indistinguishable faces.

The darkness slowly started to creep in, and one last thought arose before I slipped into the welcoming dark.

I'm gonna die where he did.