Prelogue

Dean Winchester is a pretty well known reporter, in the big city of Lawrence. He has worked his way up in life. He had an abusive father, his mother died while he was a child, and he practically raised his brother; but that was back in Sioux Falls. None of his fellow citizens of Lawrence know about his past. Dean is crazy. He suffers everyday in his life from the years of traumatic abuse by his father, and all the tragedy he has faced. He was known as "the freak" back home. He can't have them knowing how screwed up he truly is, when he is a promising, up and coming reporter. He is 26 and has never dated anyone. He longs to find anyone that knows what he truly is like, to look at him like the world has stopped.

Then there is Castiel Novak. The well known, psychotic criminal has been in and out of asylums(Arkham) and prisons. No one knows why this 30 year old, suave, and fabulously wealthy man is so insane and twisted. He is the man who pretty much runs the world of crime. He has a pretty nice life, you know, without all the robbery, murder, and anarchy. Castiel is beginning to become bored with his life. Sure the crime is exciting, but you get used to it after you get off every time. He was so used to it, walking in court charged, not saying a word, letting his lawyers take care of everything. He would later walk out of the courtroom either free, or on the way for a small vacation at Arkham. He never answered the hundreds of reporters, who cornered him with the same questions. He wants something new, fun, and a little twisted, like him, in his life.

What will happen when Dean begins having a breakdown, attending Arkham for therapy? What happens when Castiel sees him learning the secret Dean tries so hard to hide? What happens when Castiel is in court once again, and Dean is the reporter on his case?
Will they hit it off? Will they run from each other? Or will they seek their own sick and twisted comfort in each other?

Trigger warning! There will be some self harm and abuse involved in the story! I don't wish for anyone to harm themselves or be affected badly by this story! I do hope you all can enjoy it!