Chapter 7

(Castiel's POV)

I have been following Dean around for a week now and I gotta say...he is different to say the least.

I thought I would hate the guy, thought about screwing with his life a little nothing to extreme, but he is just pitiful.

I placed a camera in his bedroom and his kitchen when I first broke in. I also have a tracker planted on the inside of his watch, that was pure luck that he didn't have his watch that day. I noticed it is one of the only nice possessions he has.

I just wanted to screw with someone's mind since it would be a while before another mission of the Joker as I like to call it. He is so sad. I mean the file I read and the info I found on him, the guy has a right to be a little screwed up.

The first night he went to his bedroom, called his little brother. Then he walked around the house until he went to the kitchen. He scrounged up a can of tuna. That's the only thing I've seen him eat in a while.

He went to sleep later but he didn't sleep. He got up and grabbed a pill bottle but it was empty. I watched him lay in bed until 3am when he finally closed his eyes. Wow that sounded a lot creepier that I meant for.

When he gets up he spends his day going to a lawyer. He came home with a ton of documents. He called the bank and argued with them. They came and reposessed his car, which might I add is a horrible excuse of a car. He still doesn't eat.

It dawned on me after four days that this guy isn't going to work. He isn't doing anything but planning a financial future, but it isn't for himself.

Every call he makes he switches to a different account, under the name of Sam, I believe. I think that is his brother.

This guy is broke, hungry and he isn't really doing anything about it. Its like he doesn't exist. He isn't just planning financial safety for his brother, this guy is planning not to be here soon.

I haven't seen him leave his apartment, but tonight, he's different so sad, but hopeful. I have some errands to run tonight, of the not most respectable kind, you could say. So if time permits I will swing by and see what that little ray of sunshine is up to.

I feel bad for him though. As horrible as I am and can be, I can see how sad he truly feels...just so, so sad. It reminds me of a younger version, of my self, back when I still tried to care.

------------------------------

(Dean's POV)

This is it. I have everything set up for my last day... well ever.

I applied for all the jobs I can but no one is hiring, I received an eviction notice on my apartment, my car was repossessed, and I just don't want to be in pain anymore.

For years I went through abuse, depression, and anxiety, never feeling hopeful about my life. But now I will be ok. Sure death isn't the best way to handle your issues but it's the best option I have right now.

If I kill myself I will make it quick and painless. Sam will get all my insurance money and the little bit of savings I have left for his college. He doesn't need me. No one needs me, I will be just one less person after tonight.

But for right now I'm using my last couple of dollars to go see a movie. I will buy myself some popcorn and twizzlers, an icee, whatever the hell I feel like its my last night. I don't want to go out bored and miserable as hell.

I grab my jacket, pulling it on stopping to look at my tattoo. Its one of the only things I like about myself. I got it when I moved out it was my symbol of freedom from my dad. I really had hopes for myself, I thought my life was going to be perfect, what I always wanted...but it's not.

I start out of my apartment. It takes a good brisk walk to get to the theater downtown. I didn't even think about waiting for a ticket. Damn. Guess I'm going to be out in the cold for a bit.

I look at all the movies playing and I decide on Mockingjay part 2. You can't go wrong with Katniss! Charlie got me into those books when we were in school. Gosh I miss her. We could of went full cosplay costume to the premieres or something.

I really wish my life turned out differently. Some people are bad without a care in the world, and they live their life peacefully. Its like a handful of people are selected to just have shitty lives and the other hand grabs Richy rich jerks who think they own the world.

After about thirty minutes in line there is only a couple of people in front of me. I'm glad I left when I did because the line is beginning to grow again. That's when I feel a hand grasp my shoulder.

"Dean 'the freak' Winchester! Where did you come from?" In front of me stands Azazel and Gordon, my not so favorite football players. They violated me in high school. I immediately rip away from their clasp on me.

"Whoa, whoa calm down idiot, we just wanna chat." "Yeah Freak, what brings you here?" I can't believe this is happening to me. I need to get this night over with.

"I-uh...I just came to see a movie guys...please just leave me alone." I start shaking immediately. While the two of them get an animalistic glimmer in their eyes, they share a glance and begin to speak to me again.

"You know I don't think Deanie here really needs to see this movie. What do you think Azazel?" Azazel glares at me. "Nah, I think Dean should hang out with us for a little while."

I tell them to screw off and start walking away as quick as possible. I can hear them following and I still shake all over. It is sickening what they are thinking. These cruel men that could care less about what they do to others.

They made me do things in high school in the locker room. I had enough on my plate with dad and then I went to school and was tormented by them.

This was supposed to be a good night. My last night. Why, why is this happening?

I turn down an alley. I hear them coming and I try to hide behind the dumpster. They must have friggin xray vision because before I know it Gordon is grabbing my shirt, lifting me up and slamming me down.

My watch shatters when Azazel steps on my wrist. "Stop! We're adults now, we aren't kids anymore. This is wrong. Please, don't do this." I cry out as Gordon's boot goes into my ribs.

"Shut up Winchester! We're just going to have a little reunion, and then we'll leave you to rot!" I start crying and struggling to break free.

They just laugh and push me into the ground harder. They throw punch after punch, and kick me everywhere they can. I taste blood and I can feel it running down my face.

"Alright Freak, time for the real fun!". They let me go and I try to crawl away. I'm pulled back harshly by my ankle and I hear it pop. I groan loudly.

"Calm down you big baby! It will be over before ya know it and you can compose yourself and go back to whatever miserable life you have here." Gordon take's his pants off and positions himself in front of my face. Azazel starts to take my pants off from behind me.

I try to fight as hard as I can, I know what is coming. Then one last punch to my jaw has me seeing splotches in my vision. "For the last time calm down, and don't use teeth, we will just make it worse."

Why can't someone just shoot me I think to myself. I'm starting to fade in and out of consciousness. I think I hear an engine but I'm not sure, then I hear another noise followed quickly by another, but I could be imagining things.

That's when I feel Gordon and Azazel drop. I look around and there is my blood, but theirs too. Both lay shot in alley with their pants down. They deserve it. I feel no pity. I feel nothing, nothing but num.

When I fall backwards I get a glimpse of what's behind me. Castiel Novak in full suit with gun in hand is behind. He looks down at me, his expression unreadable under all his makeup.

I should be scared, terrified but I'm not. His piercing eyes look at me as I fade into the darkness. Then it dawns on me just as I pass out...

Castiel saved me.