Chapter II

The guards marched in a square formation. Two In front, two in back. In the center there was a Elven girl. She looked fifteen, but was actually over one hundred and fifty. Her name was Annabelle and she was the eldest Princess of the Elves. She had brown hair past her shoulder blades, olive skin, brown eyes and was unnaturally kind. The guards escorted her back to the place where she should be: In her classroom learning how to be a proper princess. However, the princess was not interested in ruling the kingdom. She was more interested in fighting. Her father gave her lessons with a bow and sword before her mother decided that it was time for her to learn how to control the Elven Kingdom.

The door to the classroom opened and she went inside. Annabelle's younger sister, Sheniqua, was sitting at her desk with a smug smile on her face and knew that her sister was going to get it this time. Annabelle's mother was standing at the front of the room with her arm's crossed in front of her and a stern look on her face.

"Thank you guards. Leave my daughter with me."

The guards left and closed the door. Annabelle waited for her mother to speak.

"Annabelle, why do you do this? This is the twelfth time you skipped you class." her mother asked.

"Mother, I'm just trying to help Father. He says that I can learn to fight along side him and his army. I'm not a little girl anymore." Annabelle explained.

"You are the eldest princess of this kingdom. Which means after my time you will claim the throne."

"The best way for me to do that is to fight. I can fix the evil of the lands and..."

"I don't want to hear of it! Annabelle, you need to  grow up!"

"Then let me!" she shouted.

She then stormed out and went to her bedroom. She locked the door and threw herself on her bed. She began softly crying and wished that her mother would understand that she didn't want the throne,  but to fix the land and bring peace.

Why can't she let me want what I want? the princess thought.

There was then a knock on her door.

"Go away!" Annabelle shouted.

Another knock came and this time, Annabelle opened the door. She expected her mother or father, not a metal man with a yellow smiling face.

"What sorcery is this?" she asked out loud.

A dagger was in her hand in an instant. She brought the dagger down to the metal man's face. The screen broke, but it was still functional. A  metal hand grabbed her and brought a cloth to her face.

Annabelle woke up in a dark smelly cell. Her royal robes were gone and replaced with a prison outfit. Her left ankle was chained to the wall and her hands were tied behind her. Using her strength to break the ropes that held her. She walked as far as the chain would let her and shouted.

"Let me out!"

She shook the bars and they wouldn't budge. The bars must have been enchanted. She backed up in fear as a metal man appeared. The face  had been healed, but it could have been a different one. The metal man made a horrible tick, tick, tick, tick, tick sound as it moved. It opened the door and approached the frightened princess. It rebound her hands in short manacles with a short chain link between the two cuffs and released the shackle on Annabelle's ankle. The metal man led Annabelle out of the cell to who knew where. The metal man stopped at a door and two more metal men opened it. As Annabelle was led inside, she spotted other elves and humans being led to a girl who looked fourteen. She had short fire colored hair and envious green-blue eyes. Annabelle was led to her and was forced to kneel before her.

"Name?" the girl asked.

Annabelle remained silent.

"Name!" the girl repeated.

Annabelle stood up as tall as she could and stared the girl right in the eyes.

"My name is Princess Annabelle of the Elves." she said proudly.

"Former princess." the girl said. "Smilies, process her to the labor force."

Annabelle was then led away once again by the metal men or Smiles as the girl called them. The Smiles led her to a stall and handed her a uniform. Once she was done, the smiles snapped a cuff with a number on her left wrist and led her back to her cell.