Chapter 7 - The Article: Part 1

Chapter 7 – The Article: Part 1

Pretty Polish Perishes After Playing With Fire

What makes a soldier tick?  A question that plays at the minds of many.  Is it the airy blondes?  Or the flirtatious brunettes?  Nobody knows to this day but it is certain that this war hero’s perception of perfection is far from the usual.  Red hair and odd eyes - one green and one blue – is not exactly what you would expect from a heroic warrior, but I guess anyone can be called beautiful when it comes to love.

A wise person once said that love is never ugly...I guess now we know what they all mean.  But another wise person also said that nothing ever runs smooth in the course of true love.  Another phrase that was proved correct I’m afraid for only a few months after the happy couple had gotten engaged, the pretty polish women that had stolen this war hero’s heart perished in a fire that destroyed Eric’s house and all his possessions as well as the love of his life.  A sad and heart wrenching story, that seems to have left our twenty two year old hero scarred for life – a finding made after he admitted to me in person that he has not had a girlfriend since.  I’m sure you all hope that he can one day recover, and find his ability to love once more.