Chapter Seventeen - Decision

Sean’s POV

“How do you feel?” Leah asked me when I woke up.

“Like I’ve been pushed off a cliff. How do you think I feel? Ouch.” I said when I tried to get up.

“Well I know something that will cheer you right up.”

“And what’s that, the Russians have been captured?” I asked eagerly.

“No. Ellie’s here. She came in on the first flight from B.C and arrived just yesterday and stayed with you all night.”

I stared at her with disbelief.

“I’m sorry. I must still be concussed did you say that Ellie is here. My Ellie who broke my heart and fled the country. That Ellie, she stayed with me last night and is still here. She came all the way from Canada and left her new life to see me?” I asked Leah.

“Yes, yes, yes and yes. Are you surprised that she would do that? I mean the girl cares for you. It’s kind of obvious that she’s in love with you since she flew all this way just see you. Well, it was for a good reason right?”

“Well she hasn’t said that to me so I’m not really going believe you until I hear those words come out of her mouth.” I said proudly.

I wanted her to say those words to me so badly. She was kind of it for me and I didn’t want to let her go but that’s what she wanted and I respected her wishes.

Wait she’s here as in LA. So that means that she’s going to be in here, here as in my hospital room. I wasn’t ready to see her and I wasn’t certainly ready to talk to her yet.

“Leah tell her to leave.” She looked at me like I was crazy. “I can’t see Ellie, I’m not ready to speak to her. Please don’t let her come in here.”

“Are you insane? She came all this way and you want her to turn right around and leave. I thought you wanted this chance to win her over. I thought you would’ve been over the moon happy? Clearly I was off. Look if you want her to leave you tell her yourself. There is no way I’m telling that amazing girl across the street to leave, again.” she said fiercely.

I made a puppy dog face at her but she wasn’t that gullible.

“I can’t.  I’m not that strong to say ‘no’ to her.” And I really wasn’t, she was just too Ellie.

“Sorry.”

I heard someone walking towards my room. I couldn’t take any chances so I shut my eyes and whispered to Leah “I’m still sedated.”

Ellie’s POV

I didn’t want to hesitate, not on this, so I just went in.

“Hey. You’re back.” Leah said when I came in. She was sitting in my spot .I felt a little uncomfortable because I felt like it was my rightful place in a way.

“Yeah.” I looked at Sean to see if was awake and he wasn’t that overexcited lady lied to me. “Someone told me that Sean was awake.”

“Oh, um. He isn’t. Who ever told you that must have been misinformed?” Leah said.

“Huh, weird. So did I miss anything?”

She looked at Sean and said “Nope. Nothing at all. So I’ll leave you then. I have to go back to the agency but I’ll stop by later this evening. I’ve really missed you kid. And if I knew that the only way to get you to visit was to put myself in the hospital I would’ve done so the week you left.” Leah said to me when she stood up and gathered her stuff.