Chapter 6: Activities

When Lis came down from her room she saw Johnny standing by Dracula, who was very unhappy, and Mavis was slipping up beside him. They were listening to a mummy, Frankenstein, and a pair of floating gasses, Invisible man, maybe? all play instruments and sing.

"Can't believe it's your big night; seems like only yesterday you were eating mosquitoes; now you're eating frogs and mice; scoffing them down like Doritos" sang the monsters on stage.

That was horrible.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on, guys. Stop. That's cute, but kind of old school."

"Yes, thank you, Johnny. "

Wait, they liked that? Maybe the music was taking his soul earlier. If it's anything like this then it would take my soul.

"You got to totally tempo things up. Here, let me show you." Jonathan jumped up on the stage, took the guitar from the mummy, and yelled, "Werewolf man, give me a jam!" the wolf man played a note and Johnny yelled in a rock song like fashion while playing the guitar, "Two, three, four!; Vampire girl with the fangy fangs; hair real cute with bangy bangs; little princess is gonna be a queen; legal bat lady turning 118!"

The crowd roared, "118! 118!"

Then Johnny yelled, "Yeah! Stage dive!" he jumped off the stage and before Lis could react Johnny hit the ground hard, face first. " Awesome." It was amazing he didn't lose any teeth.

"I am so blown away right now." Mavis said racing to where Johnny laid on the floor.

Shaking her head Lis ran up to Dracula. "Hey, Count! Can I get an itinerary?"

Count Dracula stared at her for a second before snapping back to his senses. He handed Lis an itinerary and said, "You should come with me to bingo. It will be fun."

Fun? Bingo? We'll see about that. "Sure." This is going to be extremely lame.

Frankenstein yelled, "I think my cuz is gonna make this the best party ever!"

Then there was a loud commotion and a jumble of people yelling and asking questions. Lis could barely follow one without another intertwining with it. Apparently Dracula could follow most of this because he lost his temper. "We're not doing any of that. We've got to stay on schedule, all right?"

"All right, Dad, all right." Mavis grabbed Johnny's arm. "Johnny, you're coming, too."

Dracula, pouting a little, led the way to the bingo hall.

In the bingo hall an old gremlin lady called out the letters and numbers. "N-27... G-61."

This is boring. I thought he said it would be fun. I should have known it would be boring. Lis almost fell asleep while she was sitting beside Dracula. But she snapped awake when Frankenstein's bride yelled, "Bingo! Bingo!"

Then another gremlin lady ate the bride's card. "How dare you. Do you know what doctor made me?"

"I didn't do that," the gremlin lady said quickly.

After what seemed like a while, a long, long while, the group, at least what was left of it, went to a gymnasium for charades.

Dracula sat between Lis and Johnny. Mavis was on Elisabeth's left side. Lis crossed her arms and started to fall asleep again.

The last thing Lis heard before falling asleep on Dracula's shoulder was Mr. Hydraberg trying to guess what the Invisible man was trying to do. "Nothing? Emptiness? Glasses?" She fell over onto Dracula's shoulder snoring lightly.

It didn't seem to take long before Dracula tried to lightly shake her awake. "Elisabeth. Lis. Wake up. You're drooling..." While Dracula thought she was still out cold he moved her hair from her face and whispered, "She is so pretty when she sleeps..." Lis started to stir as she gained feeling back in her body.

All of a sudden Lis grabbed her leg and howled like a wounded cat, "OWWWWWWW!!!!"

"Lis! Are you alright?" cried Dracula, his voice full of anguish.

Lis squinted her eyes and tightened her grip on her leg. "I fine, Count Dracula. My leg wasn't completely awake yet and I put a little more pressure on it than I had before." Everyone was staring at her as she spoke. "Really, I'm fine." Everyone moved on. The wetness on her cheek and the wet, clumpy hair in front of her eyes told her she had been drooling. "Sorry about the drool... and the scream."

"It's alright." Dracula wiped off his shoulder with a handkerchief. "Now it is time for the best part of the day.  Pool and supper!"

This will be good... I hope.