Chapter 10: Before the Party

Lis woke to Dracula shaking her. "Time to get up, pumpkin pie." Apparently he had thought she would be hard to wake. She wasn't.

"I'm not late!" Lis sat bolt upright knocking her head against the half open lid. "Ouch." Her hand flew to her forehead. Well that hurt.

"Are you alright?" Dracula helped Lis out of the coffin as she nodded. He took her hand and led her across the room to a vanity stand that hadn't been there the night before. Her stuff was all there, too.

He must have had it brought in for me. Lis could feel how perfectly her hand fit with his. "I'll be fine." Lis dropped his hand. "Out. Now." Lis smiled as an awestruck expression came to Dracula's face. "I need to get ready for the day." Lis giggled as Dracula, turning red, quickly left the room. What should I wear? Lis started pulling stuff out of her bag. What's suitable for a 118 year old girl's birthday party? Eventually, from near the bottom of the bag, she found a beautiful dress. It was short sleeved and blood red. Lis changed into the dress.

Then she sat down in front of the vanity stand. On the stand was makeup of all different colors. Lis picked up the pinks, yellows, and other light colors and dropped them into the trach can. Then she applied ruby red lipstick, black eyeliner, and blue eye shadow.  She couldn't help but notice the fangs that she had developed the night before.  I thought you had to get fangs before the age of five.

A knock came at the door. "Are you ready yet?"

"Yes!" But now I have to clean up. I had better hurry! Lis started picking up her clothes and putting them back in the bag at a top speed. She was amazed at how her own speed and agility had increased. Before Dracula had finished opening the door Lis had picked up all the clothes from everywhere in the room.

"I got you something." Dracula pulled out a long dark red cape for Lis, only one shade darker than her dress, and helped her put it on then, hand in hand, Lis and Dracula walked out of the room. Just before reaching the lobby Dracula dropped her hand and kissed Elisabeth's forehead. "I have to go find Mavis. I'll see you soon." With that Dracula walked down the hall towards Mavis's room.

Aww, he is so sweet! I can't wait for Mavis's party! It'll be so fun!

An hour later it was time for the party. Lis found Mavis and Johnny talking with Dracula, who didn't seem to mind.

Jonathan was only really talking with Mavis and didn't seem to notice Elisabeth or Dracula. "Wow. You look beautiful."

"Thanks." Mavis was acting shy. "Thanks for the party."

"Yeah, you like my little touches?" Johnny smiled.

"It's amazing," said Lis.

"Terrific party. You really out did yourself!" said Dracula as he put his arm discreetly around Elisabeth's torso under the cape. He's actually happy. Elisabeth's smile widened. "Got to be the best one I've been to in 500 years." Dracula smiled.

Dance music started playing after a while more of talking.

"Let's dance!" Mavis grabbed Johnny's hand and pulled him out to the middle of the floor leaving Dracula and Lis alone together.

Lis smiled as she took his other hand and they danced around the room. Just before passing Johnny and Mavis someone stepped on Elisabeth's cape, causing her to stop suddenly. She was right beside Mavis and Johnny, who had stopped dancing and were staring at each other.

"Uh, Mavis," Johnny said as Mavis came closer to him, "I'm crazily scared right now."

"Maybe that's a good thing." Mavis got closer and closer to Johnny. Then Mavis, just as Dracula turned around, kissed Johnny's lips.

______________________________________________________

Thanks for reading!  The story is almost done!

What do you think should I write a sequel?  If I do it would be based on a time period of after Hotel Transylvania 2 and completely original.

i did a sequel...