Simone #7

Simon's P.O.V
Somehow I managed to let Josh convince me to go to the shopping (I spelled shooping at first😆) centre with him and, well, shop. That and have lunch. I wasn't exactly excited about this but it's nice to take time away from a computer screen after staring at it for four hours straight.

"Simon." Josh called and then whistled to get my attention. "This way." He directed me to (clothing store).  I swung my body around and followed him inside. The store had a mix of clothing for all genders.

"Remind me why you wanted to come here again?" I groaned like a child when their mother takes them for back to school shopping.

"Because, I don't think you spend enough time outside." Josh replied.

"In case you haven't noticed we're still inside." I said with a smug look.

"You know what I mean." Josh rolled his eyes. "Outside of the house. Besides look at you! You've seemed a little... blah, lately. Like something's got you down." I just shrugged my shoulders and stood a little taller. Honestly, I'm tired of being single and Josh knows it but I'm too stubborn to admit it. He's trying to hint around it, so maybe I will. But I won't.

"So, are you gonna try anything on or...?" I suggested.

"I guess. Maybe I should try and find you a new style." Josh smirked.

"No." I said sternly. Josh started picking through the shelves behind us. I knew he wasn't going to actually buy anything. I glanced around looking for a place to sit when my eyes spotted a girl. I found her really attractive with her (y/h/l and h/c). Plus she was so petite compared to my height which added to her cuteness levels.

"And here we have a wild Simon caught creepily staring at a girl." Josh mocked in his David Attenborough accent.

"Shut up." I shoved him away.

"If you think she's cute why don't you go talk to her?" Josh asked.

"Josh you know I can't do things like that." I protested.

"Why not?"

"You remember what happened last time I attempted to talk to a girl."

I managed to build up enough courage to walk up to a girl and introduce myself but I was still incredibly nervous. A drop of my sweat dripped into her drink and... she saw it. I made this really awkward stupid embarrassed face. She took a step back, then I took a step back and then she walked away. It was really just sad.

"So? Be a man! Pretend you have confidence!" Josh cheered. " 'Cause we all know you haven't got any." he added.

"Thanks for the encouragement but no way." I denied.

"It's easy, just walk up and introduce yourself." Josh shrugged and then pushed me in the girl's direction. I tripped over my feet and bumped into her causing her to grab onto the rack for support. She knocked off a couple shirts as well. I could feel my face instantly heat up.

"I, am so so sorry." I quickly apologized backing up a bit.

"No it's alright. We all run into a stranger at one point or another." she brushed it off. I liked the way she handled it. She spoke in a sweetly toned voice. I kind of froze after that and let her turn back around. I looked behind myself at Josh, who was shaking his head. I walked up to him.

"Why didn't you tell her your name?!" He looked at me like I was an idiot, which I am.

"I don't know! I froze." I defended.

"Look, it's not as complicated as you think. Watch." Josh moved me aside and walked up to the girl.

Your P.O.V
I bent down to pick up the few shirts I accidentally knocked off.

"Here, let me help you." I heard a male voice as someone squatted down next to me. Why are so many random guys just walking up to me? Is it the perfume I'm wearing? (PRETEND U WEAR PERFUME)

"Oh, thank you." I stood back up and hung the shirts.

"Are you going to try on that shirt?" The man asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"I think that would look good on you but this shirt," He paused to reach over and grabbed a different one. "Would look even better on you. The shape of it would fit your figure real nice and the colour would compliment the complexion of your skin tone." The words that came out of his mouth surprised me. I decided why the hell not go along with it.

"You think so? I'm not the biggest fan of the pattern but, hell, what do I know about fashion. As you can tell." I laughed, looking down at myself.

"Please, don't be silly, you look great! And my friend thinks so too." He pointed to guy who had just knocked me over five minutes ago. I cocked my head to the side. "My name's Josh and my friend Simon thinks you're attractive."

"Oh! Wh- Really?" I stuttered, blushing. I looked over at the guy named Simon and saw him turn around. He was obviously embarrassed his friend had just done that. "I'll be right back." I excused myself. I could tell Josh was grinning happily, satisfied with his job, behind me. I walked up to Simon. "I must say you have a pretty good wingman."

"Uh, if you think pushing people into the person they think is cute makes a good wingman than, yes, I do." Simon chuckled. I found that funny so I laughed; Duh.

"You think I'm cute?" I smiled, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, uh-umm... Yes?" he stammered.

"I think you are too." I complimented back. I could that helped boost his confidence. A lot.

==========================
A/N- Awkward Simon is the best Simon EVER. I'm really happy with how this one turned out 😊

-See ya😅