Full Circle

For mayadance123 I hope you love it! :)

"I don't want you to leave." Peta said pouting with a half grin on her face as she watched Maks pack his bag. He was heading to LA for the Emmy's and his performance.

"I know. I don't really care to leave you either." He said turning to look at her from where he was folding his clothes.

"I was supposed to go to the Emmy's with you. Stupid ankle." She mumbled as she flopped back on the bed. She had already done her PT for the day and now she was icing her ankle as she watched him pack.

"I wish it was you. Trust me. It would have been way more fun. But remember even if this wasn't our situation you'd be on the show with Andy. And probably had camera blocking." He mused trying to make her feel a bit better about the situation.

"True. But then we'd only be split for a night." She said grumpily.

"Babe." He said softly. He felt bad that he was leaving her as is. And she wasn't making this any easier.

"I'm sorry." She said weakly as she saw the look on his face. She knew she was playing the brat card right then but she quite frankly didn't care. She had been positive enough for the past week with all the ordeal with her ankle. She felt she deserved a moment of grumpiness.

"It's okay. I just don't like leaving you in the first place let alone when you're grumpy and yucky about it." He said as he finished up packing quickly and moved to flop down on the bed next to her. She rolled into his chest and snuggled in tightly to him.

"I'm being a brat about it. I know. I'll have fun with Jos in the kids and you'll keep me posted on all your adventures."

"You're not being a brat, you're just well, trying to sort through all this. It's not like you planned for your ankle to get like this and throw a wrench into your whole world. And you've been positive this whole time. I think you're permitted to be grouchy about it sometimes. I just wish I wasn't the cause of it." He said pressing a kiss to her head.

"I agree. And I don't want to make you feel bad. Just cuddle me for awhile and I'll be okay." She said tipping back to smile at him.

"I can handle that." Maks said kissing her before he pulled her in tight. She breathed deeply as she closed her eyes memorizing the moment. When they had been apart for the almost 2 years she had learned to be self-sufficient. To not lean on others especially when she felt weak or insecure. But the more and more time she had spent with him, he crushed those walls down making her let him in and lean on him more and more with each breaking moment. All those crushing moments of her walls had made her rely heavily on him this past week well the entire summer but especially the week. She just wasn't ready to let her rock leave her grasp.

"3 weeks." She said softly.

"2." He slipped and said immediately cursing himself for slipping that one up.

"What?" She said lifting her head up and looking at him.

"I'm coming back for a few days before Miami. It was supposed to be a surprise."

"Seriously!?" She said her grin getting huge.

"Seriously." He said laughing and kissing her. He realized his slip was worth it based on the look on her face.

"I love you." She cheered kissing him a few more times before dropping into his chest.

"I love you too."

"Do you remember the first time I hurt my ankle? Well not the first. But the first with you?" She said softly as she traced tiny patterns on her chest.