Feelings

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

It was around eleven o'clock at night, and I was just laying in bed in one of my grandparents' spare bedrooms just staring at the ceiling. I had planned on going to bed at around nine or so, but I just couldn't. I was too busy freaking out over the fact that Optimus wasn't here. I've gotten so used to being around him that I just couldn't take actually being away from him. I mean, yeah, he was just eight hours away down in Washington DC, but still. I know people aren't really going to understand why I need him so much, and I'm okay with that. It's just that for the past three months I've been alone, sitting in silence trying not to completely fall apart. Then Optimus came along and I just automatically began the healing process; it was almost as if he was exactly what I needed in my life, and I just can't take the thought of him being away from me. I felt as if I were losing my mind just laying here.

After about five more minutes of just laying in bed, the door to my bedroom opened. I looked over to see a manly figure standing in the doorway. It didn't take me long to register that it was my dad. I just could figure out why he was in here. He should be asleep.

"Brenna?" he started. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure."

I sat up and turned the bedside lamp on. Part of me didn't really want to talk to him because I had no idea what he could possibly want to talk to me about; he was unpredictable just as my grandfather was. Then again, I guess it wouldn't really hurt to have little chat. I didn't exactly have anything else to do except sleep, and that wasn't going to happen any time soon.

"So, tell me about you and Optimus's relationship," he said out of the blue. This is what I meant by unpredictable. I would have never seen that coming.

"What do you mean? Optimus and I don't have a relationship. He's my guardian," I responded with a chuckle. It was fake, but I was just trying to lighten the mood and attempt to make this conversation as unserious as possible.

He sat down on my bed and looked me dead in the eye. He was nothing but serious about this, which is the complete opposite of what I wanted. "Brenna, I'm not stupid."

"And neither am I? Optimus and I don't have a relationship."

"Okay, so that may be true. But I see the way you look at him, and I see the way you act around him. Remember your ex-boyfriend Thomas?" he inquired.

I only nodded. I did not want to talk about Thomas at all, and if I did then I would end up using very vulgar language, language that my dad has hit me for several times.

"Well, you act the same way with Optimus as you did with him, only it's much deeper with Optimus. I'm your dad, so it's pretty hard to miss that you have feelings for him," he explained to me.

I let out a sigh and plopped back onto the bed. This is definitely not what I was expecting to come out of his mouth. And the fact that he observed me well enough to know what I was feeling just made it even worse.

"I don't have feelings for Optimus, dad," I tried to assure him. I didn't even believe my own words, so I highly doubted he would.

"Spare me, please. The way you acted when he told you he was leaving confirmed everything for me," he retorted.

I just sat there and thought about it for a couple seconds. I've never really talked about Optimus to anyone or my feelings for him anyway; I haven't had anyone to talk about it with come to think of it. But now that my dad has brought it up, I was beginning to come to terms with the fact that I did have feelings for the Autobot leader. Now, if I would have been just a normal human then coming to terms with the fact that I had feelings for an alien robot would probably freak me out, but I was just as much different as Optimus was. Plus, my feelings for him were solely based on his incredible personality, not his face. He protected me, and he was really the only other person who could keep me from completely losing my mind. He saved me from my own self, and I think that's the reason I became attached to him so quickly.

"Okay, fine. I guess I do have feelings for Optimus. It's just that he was there when no one else was. He saved me, dad," I finally spoke.

"I know, and I'm not judging you whatsoever. I just wanted to confirm it," he laughed.

"So, you're not here to chew me out because I've got feelings for a Cybertronian who couldn't possibly share the same feelings for me as I do for him?"

A smirk found its way onto his face and I became scared immediately. "Now, I wouldn't say that."

"Why?" I laughed. "It's true."

"Not exactly, Brenna. Because of who he is he does a much better job hiding his feelings, but I know he cares about you. He cares about you a lot," he told me.

"I'm sure he does, dad."

He smiled at me. "It's okay, Brenna. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I would much rather see you with him than anyone else. There's no other person I would trust to keep you safe."

I just smiled in response. He and I seemed to be on the same page about that.

"But listen. I'm gonna head on to bed. I planned on being in bed earlier, but I needed to talk to you about that," he said to me.

"Okay, dad. Goodnight."

"Goodnight sweetheart. I love you so, so much," he responded, planting a lingering kiss onto my forehead. "You have no idea just how happy I am to see you again."

"I love you, dad. And I'm happy to see you as well."

He smiled and ruffled my hair before finally heading back out of my room. I turned the bedside table lamp off and covered myself with my comforter. It wasn't long until I was drifting off to sleep with a blue-eyed Cybertronian on my mind.