My Accidental NFL Boyfriend

Caleb prances out of the room, whipping his phone out and me the middle finger.

            “Let’s have a rager tonight,” he says in the phone boredly.

            “Caleb, you hang up that phone right now I do—”

            “Yeah, tonight. Like 11? Till like 3. Bring the team, and the girls. And a bottle of vodka per man.”

            “CALEB!” I dive at him, but he slams the door and I hit the door with my nose. I yelp and fall backward, clutching my nose like a wounded animal. Caleb is the devil, he was the absolute devil and that means I will exorcise this demon out of his poor soul and then he’ll owe me. I was the high priestess on a video game once, I remember all the words.

            He dances back in the room, his smile bright and cheery like a little prick. I will hang him upside down by his toes until all the blood rushes to his head.     

            “Get the hell out Caleb,” I say nasally.

            “So youuuu knowww,” he sings, “I’ll be getting some tonight so you can stay up here or you can join me.”

            “To hell with you! I’d rather rip off every hair on my arm then to stand anywhere near you or any of your friends.”

            “Well it’s your decision, but at least eat dinner with me.”    

            “What kind of dinner? Are you trying to poison me before I’m even here a day?”

            “Yeah, you caught me red handed!”
            “Demon.”

            He leans over and grasps my chest, “Well, at least one thing matured.”

            “WHAT THE HELL!” I shove him backwards and he tumbles over laughing.

            “Okay baby, let’s go out to dinner. Somewhere nice, so put a cute dress on and look like a doll for me.”  

            “Don’t tell me what to do.”

            “Be ready in 30.” He strides out of the room, winking at me suggestively. Look nice? Oh, I’ll look nice.

            I pull out my baggy sweatpants and sweatshirt. I throw my hair up in the ugliest, worst tamed bun I had ever worn, then I sharpie in my eyebrows with a jet black eyeliner. I wing my eyeliner so far it looked like I was some slanted eyed goddess of ugliness, I put on bright red lipstick and top it off with a splotch of glitter. Yummy, I look like a sexgod of prostitution who just came from the grocery store. I’m such a child at heart it wasn’t even funny.

            I skip down the stairs, “CALEB I’M READYYYYYY!”

            He walks down, and I have to swallow my drool. He looked like a freaking God-like country boy.

            He covers his perfect lips with his hand, muffling his laughter.

            “Wow, you look cute.”

            “Thank you, Caleb. I tried really hard.”

            “Let’s go then.”

            What?! WHY ISN’T HE STOPPING ME! HE SHOULDN’T WANT TO BE SEEN IN PUBLIC WITH ME LIKE THIS!

            I stand there like an idiot. “Come on, aren’t we going?”

            “You want to be seen with me?”

            “Why should I care? You always looked pretty to me.” He shrugs his shoulders, not looking at me.

            Is he serious? Since when was he this kind to me?
            “Don’t tell me you’ve never noticed,” he chuckles, “how much I’ve always liked you.”

            “Shut up Caleb!” I yell, covering my ears. “It’s all lies. LIES. You just want me as some fake girlfriend so no sluts bug you anymore!”

            “That’s not tru—”

            “IT IS TRUE! Stop lying to me.” I felt like crying. “I can’t take when guys play me and do this to me. I can’t have it happen again.”

            “Jayla?”

            “Go to dinner by yourself!” I turn on my heel and walk up the stairs. I couldn’t deal with Caleb. I sit in my room, sitting behind the closed door, my head on my knees. I must have been there a while (20 minutes it seemed) before I heard voices. Guess he was going to start his party early! Yay!

            I don’t know why Caleb’s words affected me this badly. I just kept remembering that face that said the same thing to me, the same exact thing, before he left me. I didn’t want Caleb to leave me. If it meant I had to act cold, I would do it. If it meant that I could never like him, I could manage. I just hated this loneliness. I’ll keep Caleb at a distance.

            I just don’t understand why it hurt so damn much. My heart felt like it was constricting, trying to initiate its own heart attack.

            I needed to apologize to Caleb.

            Not now, I couldn’t handle it now. In an hour, Jay. Only an hour. Wash your face, fix your hair, and walk downstairs with confidence. I could do it.

 Sorry, I have a lot of drama that happened in my life this weekend. Nothing drastic (well kinda) just the average teen filled life. I have exams next week, so I might be slower to upload, but I'll still upload every day (or I'll try). Jayla is in suuuuuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhhhh denial right now, she's precious. I can imagine her blushing thinking about Caleb

VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN FOR CALEB TO TAKE YOU OUT TO DINNER!

btw, I'M UNDER 200 IN ROMANCE! HOLY MOTHER OF STARBUCKS, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. If I get under 100, I think I'll get on my knees and become buddist.