o n e

'Pretty hurts,We shine the light on whatevers worst
Perfection is a disease of a nation, Pretty hurts, Pretty hurts..'

Memories that are filled with painful sorrows just keep flashing in my mind.

Pain/pãn/:
Physical suffering or discomfort caused by illness or injury.

Thats one feeling I felt everyday.

There's only one reason why I feel this way;one reason only.

What's the reason you may ask?

Well it all began on the 11 January 2011.

It was a wonderful, sunny springday and my first day at my new school.'Avalon-lee High'.
This school was situated in San Francisco, California.

I moved there only because my dad got a promotion to come work there.I originally came from Johannesburg, South Africa.

I was skating to school on my Grease Shark skateboard because I didn't want a ride with my parents since they're are very overprotective ,that they would even take me to the office holding my hand.

Avoiding that type of embarrassment on my first day, I rode to school. As I stepped into the sea of teenagers in the hallways , everything went silent.Then it began ,all the pointing and whispering , I quickly shuffled to the office , but before I reached the brightly painted office, I bumped into a beach-blonde girl dressed in short , tight clothes. It seemed like she had a posey of minions behind her.

'I'm sorry , I wasn't watching where I was going and-' I apologized in a weary voice before I was cut off by the girl.

'You're the new kid that everyone has been talking about . Its no biggie , but I think you got potential .So , this is a lifetime offer, you can join our group or I will ruin your life and you will become lonely and invisible. Your choice?' She replied with a sickly sweet voice.

'Look-'

'It's Amber, sweety' Amber said.

'Look Amber, with all due respect, I don't want to be part of you little posey . I'm sorry for wasting your precious time.But thanks for the offer.' I replied .

'You chose wrong, Bitch. Welcome to hell.' Amber sneered back to me in an innocent voice.

She turned around flipping her beach-blonde hair in my face , strutting down the hallway with her minions. I felt bad for them, following her around and all but its their choice.

Since that day I regretted my decision , but only because I get bullied everyday;im everyones punching bag basically.
I don't regret not being part of that she-devils group.

My family doesn't know about the bullying only because I was threatened that they would kill my family and best friends. I told my best friends though because they were getting very suspicious of why I wore a lot of make-up and always wore long-sleeved t-shirts.

My first friends that I ever made at Avalon-lee High were :Kayla Green, Susan Buckland, Lynn Winchester and Danielle Johnson.

They approached me saying ,'I looked approachable and kinda looked like I needed a friend.'

At first I thought they were put up to this make a joke out of me like everybody else. They proved my hypothesis about them wrong .
They were genuinely caring, kind, selfless and honest.
After time passed we became best friends over the years and became inseparable.
They try to protect me when they can, and I'm appreciative for that.

Now you ask,'Who is Hope Rivers really?'

You would recieve responses like:'A bitch. A loner. Arrogant thing that goes to our school. A monster who ruined Ambers life. A fat ass black girl.'

But those replies would carry on for eternity. The truth is I'm the only black girl in our school. Shocker right?
I'm still pretty surprised I made it in this school , but they say my grades are outstanding and I have great potential to make their school better.

I'm technically they only black girl. It's just that some people are half black and half white, asian, Mexican, Caucasian, spanish etc. So, that makes them different and not black.
Sadly for me I'm just black.

People don't know the real me except for the people closest to me.
You ask,'Then who is the real Hope Rivers?'

And my answer would simply be:

I'm a black girl, or as they put it 'African American'.
I'm 17 years old.
I like chocolate, dogs, netball, soccer/football, singing, reading and dancing.
I have a 4.1 gpa.
I'm a fangirl. -_-
I'm a bubbly, kind, sensitive, funny, sweet, random, selfless and sarcastic person.

But no one wants to know me 'cause I'm a horrendous person.
People watch me getting hurt, even the nerds.
I'm a ticking time-bomb waiying to explode.

'Get knocked down ;Get back up'
That's my motto that I stick to.It helps me get through life along with my family and friends.

It's the last year of hell , I meant school. More kids to put me to shame.
Little did I know that my knight in shining armour was going to help me get through this.

---
Hey there :)

Thanks for reading my first ever book I have written .

This story is based on half of my life , but there are a couple of things that differ from my real life. Some things are added to make it more of a enticing story.

Hope Rivers is being played by a similar character like me and the best friends are my real best friends not just fictional people.

Thanks again.

xx Liso :)