e i g h t

Sometimes hope isn't enough to save people.

-
Everyone just stood there staring at me . Some of their looks were worry,happiness and sadness,but why would I care because it's all a foreplay to make me believe they care. It's not a shock that all of a sudden I did something huge nkw they finally notice.

You might have already figured what may have been happening at that moment- questions being fired at me like I'm gonna answer. The thing is I'm not because I realised I have been speaking a lot . Leaving clues for people to see that, 'Hey I'm hurting you know! Come check on me!'. But I guess the memo was not clear enough.

Instead of just replying I just turned my back towards them like they did to me and kept to myself like I have always. Already knowing what to expect footsteps echoing the floor exiting the room. It's not a shocker at all that would've happened but he'll I never knew it would happen that fast. Turning around I saw that He had stayed behind for no apparent reason which got me hella pissed.

It seemed like hours of us just having a stare down instead of speaking but I wasn't going to do that anytime soon anyway. I was still contemplating if I should turn around or not but I guess my decision has to be held back for a moment because he spoke up.

"Hey Hope, I understand you are mad I'm here , instead of walking away like everyone ,but I just want to tell you I was the one who saved you . And hell I know you didn't want to be saved ,but I wanted you to be here for your family and me. By meaning me, I mean I like you too. I never got a chance to say that at school because I was in shock but I never knew my response would do that much damage before I even got it out and I'm sorry I caused you to get here. I know you don't want to speak to any of us right now. But I will always be here for you and never leaving. Forever." Theo spoke in a honest voice,which actually seemed real.

No words at that moment could describe how I was feeling but all I could do was just stare blankly back at him because what's there to say. I suppose maybe speaking for a second could've made the mood more lighter . In the end I still didn't do it because it's worthless at this point. Without realising that he was now hugging me ,which was quite warm. I ended up hugging because I was still very cold from that amazing jump ,i guess you could say.

-
Days and days have past and I get less visits from those people I'm meant to call family. Today is the day I'm getting from this quite,calming place. I was supposed to be collected by my family but apparently they had left to go see my other extended family back in SA - South Africa. I'm quite angry that they left without me because they know how much I misses my home land and friends but I suppose the family live is non- existent between us right now, so technically I'm going to be living with the Principle.

Hell when is heard that is was re - thinking to kill myself again ,but apparently he had offered for me to stay with him and his family since 'no one ' could take care of me. But that's the sugar - coated story .
Little did my sister know that I actually don't sleep because I'm an insomniac. But she basically told me that my father -he clearly doesn't even deserve that title- had told the principle that he wouldn't want me to relapse while they went to SA, so is it possible for me to live with him and his family for a homey feeling till they come back. And you best believe,manipulation works wonders, and guess who I'm living with :My principle.

But anyway here I am , sitting in the waiting room patiently waiting for Mr.Ragslade. After a couple of minutes later he finally arrived with his wife - how predictable is that.

"Hello Hope, I'm sorry for your inconvenience to live with me and my family but it's best for you okay?" He said.

Are they really going to play the 'its what best for you card' . Like hell I was going to believe such so all I did was give him arrived rd thumbs up because I was not planning ok talking at all.

"Your friend,Theo,had also mentioned to me that you wouldn't want to speak to anyone so I got you a white board and note pad to write anything you want when you need it . Oh and I also got you a type out voice phone for whenever you want it to make it easier for us to hear you. Let's get going I suppose. " Mrs. Ragslade had spoken to me in a chirpy voice.

Well damn, I feel bad for making them spend a lot on just me but I never chose this life. Trying to not ruin her demenour, I had given them a small smile and thumbs up once again. After that awkward moment , we actually got into teh ace and drove to their house which looked quite cozy. I was directed to where my room would be and I was also informed by Mr. Ragslade I wouldn't be doing homework for a month but I had to fake it at school for reasons.

I was soon also shown around their property and around the house to fulfil my needs when they aren't there. I even got to meet their pet pug,'Zion', who seemed to like me already which was a plus on my side. They also had a dance and music room because their child ,Karoline, had had a passion for singing and dancing. Regarding the living situation it introduced me to skittles as bad as I thought it would be really, it just makes it easier for me to blend in is all.

But not all good things last, they eventually have to come to an end .

--
Hey ya'll:)

Thanks for making it up this far into the book , and yes there might be errors i will fix them very soon. Be sure to check out Second Chance by @hope-lee

I also know for a fact thsi chapter is not one of my best at all, it's just life is really meh right now,so trying my hardest x

Vote and comment if you please🌼
xxLiso :)