Chapter 8 ; Parchment never Lies .

"Jenson! You will NEVER speak to anyone like that again. Let alone a woman. Especially Hermione!"

Hermione smiled  remebering what Ivank yelled to his son as Hermione and Viktor exited the dining room all those hours ago. Even though she was a little taken back by hearing Ivank protect her like that. She honestly didn't expect for any of Viktor's family to accept her let alone protect or defend her . She was surprised when Sofia embraced her as soon as she entered the large circular living room at the beginning of the week . It was the first time she set foot into Krum Manor. She flooed there from the Burrow because her parents were on holiday in France and wouldn't be back until after Harry's birthday. She could still hear Mrs. Weasley's kind words to her before she left. "You have a strong head on your shoulders sweet heart, stronger than mine ever was at your age. Don't let a boy change that." She knew she would never let a boy cloud her judgement or her aspirations. But, she knew that Viktor wouldn't cloud her judgement. If anything, he would make it clearer. 

It was the night of Viktor's return and Jenson was still raging even after Viktor and Hermione made their exit. After they proclaimed their love to one another and shared a passionate kiss in the maze of roses, Viktor and Hermione agreed that they would go to their separate living quarters. Both thought that Viktor needed rest, especially after his journey back from Hogwarts and both knew that he wouldn't get any if Hermione was to stay with him.  It wasn't so much what Hermione would do, as much as it was what Viktor would want to do. Not that Hermione was ever that type of girl, she would never just hop into bed with anyone and Viktor knew that. She had changed into one of Ron's old Hogwarts sweatshirts  which she kept only because it fit her perfectly loose and pair of grey yoga pants. She tiptoed down the stair case as quietly as she could to retrieve some water from the kitchen. She didn't feel right calling on a house elf. As she reached the final landing her fingers went to her lips and thought of Viktor. Though Hermione wasn't that type of girl to swoon over a boy something about his kiss had an affect on not only her mind but, on her knees that made them tremble like jell-o. His scent engulfed her --- her thought was interrupted by a yelling Jenson.

"She is hardly a woman!" It seemed that the conversation from dinner between Jenson and Ivank never quite ended.

"But she is one none the less and above that she is the brightest witch of her age! Pure-blood or not! You will respect her as you do your own mother. "

She heard Jenson scoff as she edged closer to the living room. "She is Viktor's girlfriend. She isnt even that! Papa, she is nothing but his toy. Once he sees Jolie he'll do away with his whore and this house will be pure again."

Hermione had to use everything she had to not force her way into the living room and point her wand into Jenson's chest and hex a hole as big as a quaflle through it. But much to her surprise it seemed as though there already was a wand at Jensons chest. Viktor's. She heard his heavy breathing intensify and then stop. 

"If you EVER speak of Mina like that AGAIN I will be the one you have to deal with. Not her. Not father. Me. "Viktor spat through clenched teeth. She knew that he was putting some much pressure on his jaw at this point that he must have felt a pain in his head. He only ever spoke this way when he was infuriated. She had only seen him this mad on one occasion, a night that Malfoy and other Slytherin goons tried to hex her in the library. 

The tension in the room seemed to radiate through the walls because Hermione could feel the amount of testosterone in the air. She heard footsteps but couldn't seem to move her feet. With her back on the wall next to the entrance of the living room she looked to the oak floors beneath her socks and then looked up feeling the heat of someone nearing the corridor she looked up to see a fuming Viktor stomping out and  towards the staircase. He looked to her and dropped his gaze. She let out a breath and reached for Viktor's hand she slipped her fingers between his and lifted herself from the wall. She looked to him and laughed , "It is a good thing you got there before I did, he would have been Hexed back to the Black Sea." Viktor's body though still tense and warm began to cool down.