Chapter 6

My heavy eyes open wide after hearing the sound of birds chirping just outside my window. Sighing, I tug the black comforter off of my body and trudge towards the bathroom that is connected to my bedroom. Turning on the shower and allowing the dripping water to heat up for a minute, I remove the large t-shirt and shorts from my body. Pushing the light, blue curtain to the side, I step in and allow the hot water to submerge my body.

      I allow the water to drip down my face as I think about the day ahead of me while washing my hair. I just am not ready to have to deal with all the drama that is going to happen at the homecoming dance tonight. I have a feeling that something isn't going to go right. Something is going to happen that I am gonna regret. Feeling like I had been standing under the warm stream of water for over an hour, I step out of the small space and wrap a towel around my body, instantly tiptoeing off to my bedroom.

     "Hi." I hear a small, soft voice say once I step into my grey room. Jumping out of my skin, I instantly grab my glass perfume bottle and throw it at the person, hearing a loud squeal and an, "are you serious?"

     "Oh my god, Paisley! You scared the crap out of me!" I hiss and slam my bedroom door closed behind me. "What are you even doing here?"

     "I thought we could get ready for homecoming together," she says with a smile. "Do you not want to?"

     "No, I don't care," I grab my fluffy, pink bathrobe out of my closet. "I would just like a warning next time." 

     "Sorry," she laughs and with a roll of my eyes, I inform her to turn around so I can slip the pink fabric onto my body. "What dress are you going to wear?" She asks me as she pulls out a black dress with floral print. "This is what I am wearing."

     "Mine is just black with a slight sparkle," I pull it out and throw it on to her lap. "It is very tight on the butt and since that is my only good feature, you can say I am excited to wear it."

     "Are you going to dance with Mick?" She asks while taking out her make-up bag. My shoulders move up and down.

     "I don't know, maybe, if he asks me."

     "I like him and all, but I prefer you to be with Harry," she gives me a sly smirk. My jaw practically touches the ground beneath my feet as I stare at my blonde friend.

     "You aren't serious," plugging in my hair dryer, I divert my attention back to Paisley. "He is such a jerk!"

     "But he is hot."

      All I say in return is, "Paisley, you worry me."

~~~

     "Aw, look at you girls!" I hear Adeline's mother say as Paisley, Grace, Ella, and I all walk into her welcoming home. "The four of you are gorgeous."

     "Thank you." We all blush while waiting for Adeline to come downstairs. Taking an extra few minutes and hearing her yell at her two younger brothers, she finally makes her way down in a beautiful, white dress. Smiling, she apologizes for taking too long and stands next to us, getting ready to take pictures.

     "Wait," Adeline says. "I just remembered that we have to wait for Randall to get here before taking any pictures, otherwise he is going to freak out." 

      Letting out a groan and rolling my eyes, I look at her, "I thought we all agreed that he was not coming to the dance with us anymore." I state and notice Paisley nod her head in agreement.

     "Parker, he was giving me crap about it. I'm not gonna just disinvite him."

     "After the way he treated us, you should." I say referring to him calling us all bitches, threatening us, almost running me off the road with his car and more just because we didn't invite him to one, small, get together.