Drew's First Attempt

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon or any characters!

I just keep having new ideas pop in my head so I keep writing new stories. Sorry! Anyway hope anyone that reads this enjoys, also sorry for any errors as I was really just writing everything in my head down.
______________________________

They were sat together in front of the fireplace of the pokemon centre, absorbing the heat. Silence had fallen between them from the mood that the boy had attempted to set.
"Seriously Drew?" The brunette girl said.
"Yes."
"No!" She argued back. "How could I trust you? I know you! What? Are you just trying to play with my emotions?"
"May, please." The boy tried to stand his case, but it didn't look like May was going to believe him. Not at all.
"No. Okay? Okay."
"Fine." Drew said, as he got up to leave, sighing.
"Mmmm... Seeya at the next contest Drew." May added, trying to lighten the mood.
"Yup, ecruteak city." He managed to blurt out, obviously slightly flustered. "Bye May."
Had May just managed to... embarrass Drew? Of course she didn't, she thought, Drew would never let his guard down like that. Not to anyone. May looked at her hands as he left the centre. "What have I done?" She thought aloud. Her hands trembled. She had just blatantly turn down something she thought she didn't want, but why did she feel so... bad? She knew in her mind she had done the right thing. "Don't ever let your guard down May." She reminded herself this, reciting the words that were told to her before leaving to travel Johto alone. "Make sure to never let any arrogant boys take advantage of you." The voice of her Dad rang in her mind.

Outside the pokemon centre, Drew glanced back through the windows and smiled. He surprised even himself, that he had smiled and not done his signature smirk. Luckily, nobody was there to see him. Through the window Drew saw his rival, contemplating deeply. He knew that she wasn't saying what she really felt. It made him feel better, looking back there. He was always unsure what May was really feeling, and for a minute he actually believed all the words she said. Drew had actually managed to lose a bit of his ego back there, and assured himself that that wouldn't happen again. Of course, that didn't mean he wouldn't try again, he just wouldn't be turned down again. Drew was sure of it.