Myra

"How's my devil !!!!" Barun mock tackles Aarav to the ground as Myra and Aarav enters through the front door. Myra has a key to let herself in.
"Barun I am going to India! Mom's taking me to meet my dad" Aarav says excitedly oblivious to the fidgeting Myra. Barun stands up and looks at Myra, "India huh?" , his voice losing the warmth all of a sudden.
"Aarav beta , go say hi to your nan inside" , Myra dismisses Aarav from the room. She needs to have this conversation with Barun.
"I can't say I am surprised. But are you sure?" , Barun asks Myra looking steadily at her eyes.
For some reason Myra feels something flutter inside her. She gets this distinct feeling sometimes that Barun can see right through her. He understands her and cares for her. That is why she is clutching at what Barun is going to say. She values his opinion and if Myra is honest to herself she is having second thought about introducing Aarav's father into his life. And then there's this whole deal about Arnavji being completely ignorant of Aarav's existence. She needs to find a plan to do it without toppling the life of a certain Indian businessman and his probable family.
"Aarav go say hi to Nani"
Myra dismisses Aarav from the room.
"So India huh? Are you sure?" Barun asks looking steadily at Myra, his gaze piercing and Myra loses some of her cool.
"No Barun, I am not sure. What do you think! How can I be sure! I want to be honest to Aarav. If life has taught me something, its that you can't run away from your past. And my son is the only one I have left. I can't keep the truth from him!"
"I get it. What I am saying is he is just a kid Myra." , Barun sighs.
"I don't know what else to do. He will hate me if I don't tell him about his dad. And I won't be able to bear it. And maybe its better this way. He will have time to get adjust to it"
"Get adjust to what exactly? That he has a dad in another country who does not live with him? Or are you planning to go back to him ? Oh my god Myra!! Its been ages. Have you thought what you will if you land in India with Aarav and find out that he has moved on and has his own family? Forget Aarav, will you be able to handle it? And what if he tries to take Aarav away? He is freaking rich man. Now I am convinced its a bad idea" Barun slumps down into the couch. He looks at Myra, his expression that of sheer worry.
"You're supposed to tell me it will be alright" Myra tries to lighten up the dark, grim mood that seem to have descended upon the room. But she is worried. Barun's speech only gave shape to the fearsome scenarios that have been haunting her since the day she had considered going to India, one last time.
Is she excited to see him?
Yes.
Is she scared?
Definitely.
Will she be able to hold it together if she sees him with someone else? No.
Over the yeara, there has not been a day when Myra has not thought of Arnavji. He is the only thing that still connects her to her old life. He is the only one who can make her feel 23 again. His memories are precious to Myra, strength that keeps her driving. She is still hopelessly, unconditionally in love with him.
But Myra is not 23 anymore. Life has taught her well. She is not going back to India searching for her happy ending. That chapter is long closed. But when she made the most important decision of her life, she had not taken into consideration of the life that had just started growing inside her. Would she have made that decision had she known she was with child? Perhaps not. But dwelling on past will get her nowhere. She must use her head and think rationally, rather than doing something stupid on a whim. Again, a nagging voice whispers inside her head. She shoves the thought away.
Concentrate Myra, she tells herself. Aarav, Aarav is your priority. He has a right to know his father. And so does Arnavji. He deserves to know about his son. It was not his fault. You created this mess. You have to clean it up. Whatever the consequences.
"Whatever the consequences. I must do the right thing Barun" she speaks out loud.
"If you have made up your mind. Err do you want me to go with you? " Barun asks hesitatingly. He has never been the one for the deep talks. Myra's heart swells with gratitude for her friend. She gives him a small smile.
"Thanks. But no, this is something I need to do on my own."
"I am going to miss Aarav. You will be taking my best buddy away. Where is the little bugger anyway. I hope he is not messing with my laptop again" Barun gets up and heads inside looking for Aarav.
Well that went quite well, Myra thinks to herself. Hope the rest of the plan goes well too. So we will be going to India! She can't help but feel a surge of excitement at the thought of going back to India. Amma, Babuji aaplogoki Khushi ghar aa rahi hai, Myra thinks sadly, her tears threatening to come out as Barun comes out again, carrying Aarav on his back.