Myra

A thousands thoughts passes through Myra's mind as she waits for her luggage. There has been some mix up. And since Myra is yet to decide where to go next, she declined the lady officer's assurance that it will be sent to her at her address and decided to wait on her own.
She is worried for Aarav who's sitting outside at the cab but the driver is a decent looking fellow from Chandni Chowk moreover Myra tactfully got his badge number and mobile number and she knows the cab driver will look after Aarav, even if to save his own skin. But most importantly over the years abroad alone, if time has taught Myra something alone, its to judge people's character and Myra trusts her gut instincts.
Which brings her back to her foremost worry, where next. The plan of coming to India with her son, promising to reunite him with his long lost father, almost sounds like a child's whimsy now, or the plot of a badly written Indian soap.
I wonder if they make them anymore, Myra wonders and then chastises herself for trailing off. She needs to figure out a plan.
Her first instinct was to go to buwaji's home. But will it be the right thing to do? After all these years if she suddenly appear at their footstep with a child in tow, will they be able to handle the shock?
Probably not a good move
Raizada Mansion?
No, definitely not
For the first time Khushi regrets not having a friend in Delhi.
So that leaves only one last option. Stay in a hotel until I figure out how to meet my family.
Suddenly she remembers the card Barun had thrust into her hand.
"Its the Delhi guest house for the company I work for. I will call there and look out for you too. I stay there, so the people know me. You will be comfortable. I mean I figured if you need a place to go freshen up or something "
She finds the card in her handbag, feeling grateful to Baron for his thoughtfulness.
Half an hour later when Myra finally walks out of the airport and steps out into the scorching Delhi atmosphere, she can't help feeling overwhelmed.
I am back, she thinks shakily.
I don't know what I am going to but I am so close to my family. I am breathing the same air as you Arnavji.
She hurries back to the cab, to her relief the old driver greets her with a huge smile.
"Madum ji, baba toh so gaye" he informs her, pointing to her sleeping son in the backseat.
Poor baby, it must be the jet lag an this heat, Myra thinks to herself as she rearranges Aarav's sweaty head in a more comfortable position.
To the driver handing out the catd she says, "Bhaiyyaji take us to this address. "
She takes out her phone and sends a text each to Barun and Ila aunty "Reached India safely. Heading to the guesthouse. Call you soon. Love, M"
She puts on her sunglasses and looks out the window. Its a bright, sunny Delhi morning.
I am home, Myra thinks drowsily leaning against the back seat and soon she drifts into a dreamless sleep.