Chapter 36

Tammy

I sat on Giselle's couch while I waited for August to come pick me up for our appointment. I had been here for the last 2 days trying to ignore my want and need to talk to August. He gave me space like I asked him to but it was bothering me.

Although I was mad at him I still wanted to be up under him. I had to blame that on this pregnancy because it couldn't be just me.

I missed him a lot but I needed time to think. He was wrong in this entire situation. I understand he wants to help but obviously she's taking it as more than that. Besides he can't neglect me for her. That won't work. I'll be single before I allow that to happen.

Giselle walked into the living room and sat next to me. I know she's been wanting to say something for the last couple of days but for the sake of my feelings and me not feeling good she didn't say anything.

"Go ahead G. I know you want to take up for August." I said breaking the silence.

She sighed. "I don't want to take up for him I just want you think about the whole situation." She paused. "Now he was wrong. Dead wrong.... But he really was just trying to help her. He may have gone about it the wrong way but that wasn't his intention to hurt you. He said she's done this whole "I'm gonna kill myself" routine before and he knew she would try and he couldn't have that weighing on him."

"He should have told me. I'd be a lot more understanding if he wasn't sneaking around behind my back."

"You're right but he didn't. You're not gonna leave him over this so you might as well talk it out and move past it. Besides the fact that regardless of anything else y'all are stuck together forever."

I knew she was right but I'm stubborn. They both know this.

"I'll talk to August when I'm ready to talk to him."

"Why you so stubborn?"

I shrugged. "I get it from my daddy." I said telling the truth. My father was beyond stubborn so that's where it came from.

Giselle rolled her eyes at me and got up when there was a knock on her door. She walked back in with August behind her looking like he hasn't gotten lick of sleep in days. He had bags under his eyes and they were red. He looked completely exhausted.

"Bro do you need some coffee or something?" Giselle questioned looking at his with concerned eyes.

He shook his head. "Nah I'm good." He looked at me making me feel kind of bad for leaving the way I did the other day but he crossed the line. "You ready?"

I nodded grabbing my bag and getting off the couch. He let me walk out the door first like he always did following me to his car where he opened the door for me. He let me get in before closing the door behind me and going around to his side.

He started the car and I could tell he was upset. I was mad at him but I still cared about his well-being.

"When's the last time you ate?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Not really sure."

"And you haven't been sleeping."

He shrugged once more. "Can't sleep."

I didn't look like him but it was a struggle going to sleep at night. I was so used to his body being next to me. The only reason I had no trouble eating was because my appetite was rapidly increasing.

"You're going to eat before you leave me today."

He didn't say anything or look at me. He just had this sad miserable look on his face. I know he's probably been beating himself up. I don't want him to do that he just needs to realize his faults. I need him to know he was wrong and know exactly what he did that was wrong because when we spoke it didn't seem to me that he got all of it.