Chapter 42

Tammy

2 weeks later...

"Khalil don't put that there. Put it by the back door."

He sighed and did as I asked. "I love you sis but you been bossy as fuck today." He plopped down on the couch.

"Sorry I just need everything in a specific place."

Today we were having the gender reveal party at the house. I originally wanted to say fuck it after everything that happened but August wanted me to take my mind off things and planning this really helped.

In the last 2 weeks things have changed a lot. I had security now and I couldn't eat out unless the restaurant was check out first. I didn't think that would happen but August made it happen.

I had been getting check-ups almost every other day just because I was nervous about the baby but everything was just fine. My nerves were just bad. I mean someone found a way to poison me and for what I don't know.

August and my father had been talking a lot lately. I don't know the in's and out's but August tells me what he can. He had no choice because I told him if he kept something else from me he would surely regret it. I know he didn't want to find out if I was serious or not but trust me... I was.

I heard the front door open and close and I knew it was August so I immediately got excited. I haven't seen him all morning and I hate not waking up to him.

"Baby."

"In the living room." I called out. He walked over to me and kissed my lips before sitting down next to me. "Where did you go this morning?"

"I had to go talk to your pops and I went to see if the cake was ready but it was too early. Gio gone pick it up on her way over here." I nodded. "You been relaxing like I asked you to?"

"No." Khalil answered for me and I cut my eyes at him. "She been bossing a nigga around and hollering at me from the kitchen."

"Nigga you volunteered."

"Yeah to help my sister not whoever this is." He didn't even bother looking at me. He's so damn emotional.

"He's just mad because I wouldn't let him taste the food."

August shook his head. "Quit acting like a pussy."

"You quit acting like you..." August threw a pillow at him before he could finish his statement.

"Bitch."

I wasn't even going to ask. I knew August was venting to his friends and brother about my attitude. I had ridiculous mood swings and I was constantly snapping about small shit but I couldn't control it all I could do is apologize.

I knew he wasn't going to talk to me about me so it only made sense he talked to them. As long as he wasn't going overboard which I doubt.

I woke to someone poking me in the cheek. I didn't even know I fell asleep. I opened one eye to see Giselle smiling at me. I groaned and tried to turn over but my belly was in the way and so was she so I couldn't move like I wanted.

"That ass trapped. Now give me attention. I left you alone for an hour like August asked."

"You're not supposed to wake a pregnant woman you know. You could die."

She waved me off. "Whatever. Go shower and change everyone's on their way."

"Ew you sound like August." I sat up and stretched before getting up and going to my room.