Chapter 5

I'm so so sorry for not updating. A lot has happened since I last updated and I've been going through a hard time recently and I've been struggling but I'm gonna try and update more, I'm so sorry though and I'll try to make it up to you.

Carlisle's P.O.V.
Good thing we are vampires or we wouldn't be getting any sleep the past 4 days. Poor Sophie is teething and is awake half the night. She's struggling with it rather badly. She's been with us 2 weeks and hasn't really cried much but the past 4 days, she's crying an awful lot. Right now it's 3am and I'm trying to put teething gel on Sophie's gums. Once I finally succeed, I scoop her into my arms and rock her gently. 'Hopefully the pain will go away soon baby girl.' I coo. Esme walks into the room and takes Sophie into her arms. She sits on the rocking chair and Sophie calms down. After about 20 minutes, she has stopped crying completely. Esme rocks her for a little while longer. I hear Alice call on me so I go see what she wants. 'Me and Rose are gonna take Sophie to the park tomorrow.' She announces squealing. 'Alright that's fine.' She then turns and her and Jasper head outside and into the night. I walk back down to Sophie's room and I see Emmett playing with Sophie. She giggles away. He then covers his eyes and a frown appears on her face. He then goes 'Peek-a-boo!' And she smiles. He does this a few times before I let out a chuckle. Emmett turns around laughing. 'Alright. Let's not make her hyper. Rosalie and Alice are taking her to the park tomorrow so she needs her beauty sleep.' Emmett then lifts baby Sophie from Esme as I say that. He spins her round slightly before cradling her close to him. He stands and rocks back and forth with her in his arms Rosalie then comes in and wraps her arms around Emmett. They rock backwards and forth together, calming Sophie to sleep. The pair then sing a low lullaby to the angel. After about 10 minutes, Emmett grins, victoriously. He gently places the sleeping baby in her crib and tucks her teddy under her arm before turning to kiss Rosalie before walking off together. Me and Esme head off to a room alone and just cuddle and talk till the morning. I get up and shower before getting dressed into my clothes for the day. I press a kiss to Esme's cheek and head out the door for work.
~
Rosalie's P.O.V.
At around 9am, I shower and get dressed for the day. I then go see if Sophie is awake. I slip into her room and there in her white crib, lays the little angel wide awake. She smiles and me and coos. I smile wide. Sophie is sitting up by herself. I rush over to her and scoop her out of her crib. 'Hello angel.' I coo. She giggles and I carry her through to the kitchen where Esme has a bowl of porridge and mashed banana. I sit her in her high chair and place the bowl in front of her. She grabs the spoon and slaps her food with it which then splashes up her. I quickly wipe her face and then begin feeding her. She sometimes takes the spoon and begins biting on it. I giggle and take the spoon back. When she's thirsty, she'll lift her bottle and bring it up to her mouth and I'll support it for her. Sophie enjoys it when I do this.
~
Once Sophie's eaten, I call Alice through to her room. We take off Sophie's sleep outfit and put it in the basket then change her diaper. 'Now let's dress you!' Alice squeals and Sophie squeals back. We laugh before picking out Sophie's outfit for the day. We pick out a cute pink and white romper. (Picture shown). Once she's dressed, we put her little boots on her. It's not that cold out there today but the sun isn't out enough to make us sparkle. We slip a jacket on her then lift her into my arms. We grab her car seat and go through to the kitchen. Esme hands me Sophie's bag, which contains diapers, wipes, a bottle, a bib and a chance of clothes as well as her teething gel. Finally we are all set to go to the park. I get Sophie into her car seat and then get her into the back of Alice's car. I sit in the front with Alice and Esme sits in the back with Sophie. And off we go!!
~
We arrive at the park and Esme lifts Sophie from her car seat and we walk over towards the swings. Esme sits Sophie in the swings and begins to push her gently. Me and Alice make little faces at her every now and then. After awhile, Sophie looks around her and looks at the slide. 'You wanna go on the slide?' Alice asks, cooing. She lifts Sophie out of the swing and carries her over to the slide. Alice hands the baby girl to me till she's at the top of the slide then I hand Sophie to her and they slide down. She does this a few times before Alice stands up and holds Sophie in front of me. 'Your turn.' I begin to protest but Sophie pats at me. So I then climb up the slide and Alice hands Sophie to me. We do this a few times till I tell Esme it's her turn. So Esme goes down the slide a few times till we stop for a bit. We go for a walk through the small open woods. Sophie looks up at some trees and squeals as she sees birds. Suddenly Sophie lets out a big squeal and reaches towards a tree desperately. I turn to see what she's spotted and it's a squirrel. I stop in my path and point to the animal and Sophie squeals again. 'It's a squirrel, Sophie. A squirrel.' I say. She squeals again and gazes happily at the animal. She then begins drooling as she's so happy she doesn't care. Alice takes a wipe from her bag and wipes her mouth. We then walk back to the park for awhile. We sit on a bench and Alice feeds Sophie her bottle. Once she's been fed and burped. We pack up and get in the car again. We drive up to Seattle for some shopping. Alice picks out 2 new outfits for Sophie and 4 new outfits for herself. 'When Sophie's older, she's going to the newest fashion icon!' Alice squeals. Esme laughs as do I. Once we've done a bit of shopping I take Sophie off to change her diaper. After that, we walk around for awhile longer and I pick Sophie up a new toy. Whilst Esme gets more teething gel and a new teething toy. Sophie needed a bit of teething gel today but we're almost out but not now. We decide to then head home to Forks.
~
Carlisle's P.O.V.
I come home from work to find Emmett and Jasper watching TV, Rosalie cuddled up to Emmett with Sophie on Emmett's chest and Alice going on at Edward. 'You can't stop her from coming! She's going to be in your life whether you like it or not! She's your mate, Edward.' Alice says. 'She's human!' He says, angrily. 'But you'll fall in love with her!' Alice smiles. 'No! Not if I don't get involved!' Edward says before getting up and leaving. I sigh as they are arguing about Edward's future mate Bella that Alice has seen coming for a long while now but Edward can't accept it since she's human. I walk over to Emmett and lift a sleeping Sophie from him and carry her to her room and place her into her crib after giving her a small cuddle and a kiss to her little precious head.