Sugawara x Daichi (Haikyuu!)

* Fluff <3 *

It wasn't long after we moved in together that Daichi began to leave small notes and letters around the house that would make my heart flutter. Even after six years of being together he still managed to make me feel all the exact feelings I felt when I first met him. After being together for five years we decided that we should live together, yes we were only young but I knew we could last.

We had moved in a couple of months ago. It was a cute little apartment plenty big enough for the two of us. There was two rooms, Daichi insisted on a two room house for when we're a little older and we want kids. We had a nice kitchen which I loved because Daichi was basically my personal 5* chef. There were two bathrooms, one upstairs and one downstairs. There was a large living area and a huge garden out back.

Anywhere would be perfect as long as I was with Daichi. Currently he was at work, he coaches a local volleyball team. After we met in our first year of school and discovered we both had the strong interest in volleyball we knew we had to join the club. It was amazing and the best part was with every game we would get closer. We got better, fighting harder and increasing our skill.

During our second year though, our team fell apart and the coach had to leave due to medical conditions. We didn't know what we were going to do. After the second year things began to look up. We got two new first years; Kageyama and Hinata. The fast attacks they could do were unbelievable. We found a new coach, one that knew what he was talking about.

I would take and register every compliment Daichi would give me, I would listen to all the constructive criticism and take everything into accout. Near the end of our third year I stupidly let out my feelings for Daichi. He admitted to liking me back almost instantly and I don't think I have ever been as happy. Daichi was perfect for me and I would do anything to be with him.

Leaving third year was the hardest for us. It meant leaving everything we loved. Leaving the team. We still go to support the school team but it's not the same as being in there. I joined a club out of the school, an official club. It felt good to be in a club again after almost a year of nothing. Of course I kept practicing through the year but it's not the same. I've been in the club for two years, the club that Daichi coaches.

He knows every one of my strengths and every one of my weaknesses and what I love about him is he makes me do it again and again until I get it right. He didn't let the fact that we date get In between the coach, player relationship which I found incredible. He should be at work today. It wasn't a day for the team to go in though, just a staff meeting. I got a text a little while later.

'Babe, come down to the sports hall? x' I grinned at the message, quickly running upstairs and throwing on my volleyball gear. I stare at the number 2 written proudly on my chest and then grabbed my black jacket, making my way to the sports hall.

I arrived and walked in, but instead of hearing yells of communication, compliments and criticism I heard quiet music. My face lit up, in the centre of the hall was a small table. There was two steaming meals on the table that I'm guessing Daichi made himself. There was a single rose in the centre of the table.

"I'll take your jacket." I heard his voice from behind me and grinned, turning and hugging him closely. "happy six year anniversary baby." He whispered softly before leaning down and kissing me deeply. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hummed as I kissed back. It felt good to be in his arms. He took my jacket and put it on a bench, before walking back over to the table and pulling the chair out for me. What a gentleman.

"It's been the best six years of my life with you, Suga. Twenty two now, we're getting older." He grinned, holding my hands across the table. "You make me happy, give me a million reasons to wake up in the morning. I want to make sure that you know how much I loved you when we met and how much more I love you now. I learn more about you every day and every day I become a little more interested and amazed at you.

I want us to be together forever. I really hope that I'm not making myself out to be stupid here but.. Sugawara, sweetheart, will you marry me?" The words were out, the ring was right in front of my. The only thing missing was my reply which I couldn't seem to force from my throat. "I-I..d-Daichi." I laughed nervously.

I saw fear flash through his facial features and knew I needed to quickly reassure him. "Of course I'll marry you, you idiot." I whispered and moved to sit in his lap, kissing him deeply and letting him slip the ring on my finger. It was beautiful. After a while of joyful tears, kissed and 'I can't believe it's' I sat back in my seat. Nothing could have made this more amazing to me. This place held a lot of sentimental value to me and the fact that he had even chosen my favourite drink and food topped it off.

I was speechless. I didn't know how to react to all of this. After the meal was finished Daichi walked home with me linking arms. "I'm so glad you said yes." He laughed softly. "Me too." I grinned, standing on my tip toes to place a kiss on his lips, sighing happily. This was perfect.