fourteen

One fine day, I was doing homework and heard screaming from downstairs. I ran downstairs to see Sophie being shot. My dad was on the floor lifeless. Blood was everywhere. I walked to them as the bad guys saw me and pointed their guns at me. Fortunately, the police came in just in time.

I was devastated. Seeing my parents and unborn baby brother dead in front of my eyes. I collapsed on the floor and let the tears fell like a river. I held my fathers hand that was covered with warm, crimson blood.

I ran outside and saw the one the guy being cuffed by the police. I walked to him and kicked his balls. I was furious. I wanted to kill him that day.
"Why you little shit." He said looking at me while holding the pain.

Finally,  I was carried away by one of the police officer and sat in their car crying.

After a few investigations, the police told me that my dad owed Mike money during his drunken day. Mike was the guy who killed my family because my dad never paid him. Sophie on the other hand was trying to safe him but failed miserably. They took me shopping for stuffs and sent me to an orphanage.

"I may still be breathing, Nick. But I died on the day I lost them." I said as I stood up and walked away.