Chapter 3

Louis -

"Sausage and eggs or pancakes?" I ask, turning to look over my shoulder.

Harry simply shrugs his shoulders from his seat at the table, his pencil tightly held in one hand, and the old journal beneath that pencil.

"You need to let me know, babe. How about this...number one is eggs and bacon. Number two is pancake."

Harry holds up two fingers and I smile. We've successfully communicated again.

It's a late morning today, and it's Saturday, and we've got the whole day to ourselves. The best kind of days there is.

There's a knock on the front door and Harry looks over at me with a hint of fear in his eyes.

"It's okay, Harry. Niall and Liam said they'd come over." I assured my nervous boyfriend, who immediately relaxed and half smiled.

Niall and Liam were our friends since high school. Together we were the only two gay couples. They just managed to keep their relationship secret, unlike Harry and I had been able to. They are also the only boys around our age that Harry has been comfortable with since "that day".

I shout a loud "come in!" And moments later, a very excited Niall bounces into the kitchen follows by a much calmer and more collected Liam.

"Aw, how's my fellow bottom?" Niall asks playfully as he practically jumps at Harry, wrapping his pale Irish arms around Harry, hugging him like his life depended on it. Harry only lightly laughed and playfully pushed Niall away.

"Fellow bottom? You're calling Harry a butt?" Liam asks, after he finishes bro-hugging me and telling me good morning...and advising me as to how to cook Niall's pancakes because he's picky. Eye roll.

Niall looks like Shirley Temple when he stomps his foot and shoves his hands onto his waist also making a fake mad face.

"Harry is not a butt! He has a very nice one, I'm sure, but he's not one! I was talking about bottoming? You know like, I did last night when you shoved your big-"

"Okay, Niall! We got the picture!" I loudly interrupt our way-too-out-there friend. Watching him and Harry as they "interact" over at the table while Liam and I stand by the stove watching our boyfriends with smiles on our faces. My boyfriend is better, just in case you were going to ask.

"Has Harry lost weight?" Liam asks and I focus on the pancakes again before they're burnt black. I don't even have to turn back around to take a look at Harry to see why Liam asked that. I know Harry's lost weight. He's lost quite a bit, but when I asked him about it he shut down on me.

"Yeah he has." I honestly answer, hating that having to be the answer.

"Is he not eating or something?" Liam asks, handing me a plate to put the pancakes on to carry them to the table.

"He eats. But you know how he does. Like a bird, he is. A little here, a little there." Liam nods and sighs.

"Wish he and Niall would trade appetites." He laughs and I playfully smack at his arm.

"Niall eating you out of house and home?"

"He eats like a pregnant woman! I'm telling you! It's weird cravings, eating all hours of the night, it's crazy." Liam sighs, talking like he's so done, but smiling like a man madly in love.

"Maybe he is pregnant!" I joke.

"No. As crazy as it makes me sound...I actually had him take one of this home pregnancy tests!" And we both double over laughing so hard.

And of course, Niall and Harry walk into the kitchen to see what's so funny. They both stand there, looking slightly confused as Liam and I slowly quit our laughing.

"And just why are you laughing?" Niall asks, crossing his arms over his chest. Harry just stands there, pushing his long hair away from his face.

"I told Louis about the time I made you take a pregnancy test." Liam explains to his boyfriend.

"Oh, yeah. Like I could actually get pregnant!" Niall laughed and I looked over at Harry to see him being the only one not laughing.

I've always known about Harry wanting kids. In high school, he would tell me about the m-preg stories he'd read and then say how badly he wished such a thing was real. He said he wouldn't mind adoption, but he'd love to carry kids. So of course nothing being said right now is funny to him.

I should've thought.

"Hey, let's eat! You hungry, babe?" I ask Harry, trying to change the subject as quickly as possible. I don't want Harry thinking about this any longer if it upsets him.

************

After breakfast, Niall and Harry sit in the living room playing video games. Despite the fact they're 20 and 21, they're still video gamers.

Liam and I stay in the kitchen, talking. Like two mom's visiting when their kids are having a play date. Wow, what a weird way to put it...

"So still silence?" Liam asks.

"Yeah. The occasional laugh, the occasional little ghost of a word in his sleep. But nothing. You know...occasionally he clears his throat, and when he does my heart goes crazy and I get so excited because I just hope that he's going to actually say something. But he never does." I sadly add the last part.

Liam's hand falls onto my shoulder giving it a slight squeeze.

"Just keep hoping, Louis. One day he might suddenly wake up and start talking enough to make up for these last couple of years."

I only hope Liam is right.
___________________________

Eh, I feel like I've written better charters.😔

Please comment and tell me what you guys thought of this chapter!

And Niam!