Chapter 9

Louis -

I pulled the covers over Harry as he slept quietly. He looked so small and fragile, curled up on our bed, his body seeming to fold up on itself as if he could bring himself to hide in himself. When in reality, he's taller than me.

I pushed his hair away from his face and double checked that he was sound asleep before leaving the room, making sure I leave the door wide open for if he wakes and I'm not by his side. I'll hear him call my name.

I walked down the stairs and heard someone knocking on the door. I checked to see who it was before I opened the door and let Niall and Liam into the house, motioning for them to both be quiet so they don't wake Harry up.

Niall's expression is one of pure sadness and he almost looks like he's about to cry, and he clings to Liam's side like he's never going to let go.

"Niall, why don't you stay here and watch TV while Louis and I go into the kitchen and talk?" Liam suggests and Niall seems hesitant, but nods his head and makes himself at home on the couch while Liam and I both head into the kitchen.

"What's got Niall so upset?" I ask Liam.

"He woke me up in the middle of the night, saying he heard something going on this way. He thought someone had broken in over here. So we both got up and we're headed over when Harry came running out of the house and you followed behind him." My hand flies over my mouth, trying to quiet my gasp.

"You two saw it?" I ask, my voice shaking.

"What the hell happened last night?" Liam asks, keeping his voice quiet.

I shake my head while trying to come up with the words.

"He'd had a nightmare and just...lost it. I couldn't control him, Liam. I've never had a time with him like last night. I'm bruised up from head to foot from his fighting me away last night. He's bruised as well. Kept falling down and getting back up without thinking. I don't know what to do anymore Liam." I run my hands over my bruised face and let out a sigh.

"I think it's time to try therapy again." Is Liam's advice.

"No! I promised him he would never have to go to another one of those therapists, Liam. I promised him." Just the thought of forcing Harry to go to another session was making me feel sick.

After the Incident, Harry's parents insisted I take him to a therapist. I had tried, but every one ended in tears. Harry would absolutely panic and he would always end up on the floor, back against the wall, his body refusing to even take a breath unless I pulled him from the office and reassured him that he didn't have to go through with working with the therapists.

"Louis! This has gotten out of hand! I've not said anything for a while, but I've been watching for quite some time, Lou. And Harry is not getting any better."

"You're wrong! He is getting better! He spoke, Liam! He actually spoke to me." My voice breaks at the end and I look up to see Niall standing at the bottom of the stairs standing by Harry's side.

Oh god, when did he wake up?

"Harry?" Liam turns around to see both of our boyfriends standing there, both looking scared and nervous. Stupid us, having shouted at each other.

"Harry woke up and you weren't there." Niall says and I walk over to Harry and Niall stands back as Harry just seems to melt against me, pulling me close and relaxing against my touch.

"I'm sorry, baby. Did I wake you up by shouting?" I ask, softly, running my fingers through his hair.

He nods slowly and rests his head against my shoulder and takes a deep, shuddering breath.

I turn my head a little to see Liam shaking his head slowly.

How can he still think he's right? Harry's so much better than he was two years ago. He...talked. A little.

It's only been two years, these things take time.

Or am I in denial? No. I'm not. Harry is getting better