The league

Serena woke up the next morning, and saw that she was still is ash's arms as he was still in hers. This made her blush slightly. She kissed him on the forehead and went to the bathroom to get ready. Once she got out, she saw that ash had just woken up and sat up in bed. "hey... Goodmorning", she said to him in a low voice. "goodmorning", ash replied, as he slowly looked at her as well, grinning. "im gonna help clemont with breakfast k", serena said as she made her way tot he door. "oh ok", ash said, slightly disapointed for some reason. "and you better get ready for the league. You have to be there in three hours", serena said as she left the room. "OH MY ARCEUS !!! PIKACHU GET UP ! I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE LEAGUE !", ash yelled as he ran to the bathroom. Ash took a quick bath, and brushed his teeth really quickly. As he got out he saw that pikachu was awake, with electricity sparking out of its cheek pouches. "you ready pikachu", ash said putting his coat on. "pika !", the Pokemon yelled. "al right then. Lets go win our first league !", ash yelled. "how bout you eat breakfast first", bonnie said entering the room. "yeah", ash said scracting the back of his head. "hey ash", clemont greeted as ash sat at the table. "hey clemont", ash said. "you ready for the league", clemont asked him. "you bet i am", ash yelled, with a fistpump. "well you better be", meyer said as he entered the room. "remember that kid who approached you earlier", he asked ash. "alain", ash whispered to himself. "that's right. You hage to make it to the finals and show him who's boss", meyer said. "how do you know that he'll be there at the finals", serena asked meyer. "because I've seen his power", clemont said in between. "he beat all my Pokemon with only his chaizard", clemont said. "what !", serena asked in surprise. "that's right. It was kinda scary actually", bonnie said. Serena saw that ash was silent and looked over at him in worry. "hey you can do it ash. Never give up until its over right", serena said to ash, grinning. "that's right, and we're going to win", ash replied, in a really excited tone. "well eat up quick, we don't wanna be late now do we", clemont said, sereving ash his plate of food. "you don't have to tell him twice", bonnie said giggling. She was right, ash's food was off his plate almost as soon as he got it. "lets go", ash said after he finished his food. "all right then", serena said as she got up from her seat. "ill be comming with you, kids", meyer said. "really ?", clemont asked. "yeah, and plus i already got my ticket", he said. "the more the merrier", ash said. "so how bout we get going", meyer said, opening the front door. "yeah", ash yelled and left the house, followed by the rest of the gang.

----------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the gang finally reached the outside of the league stadium. "wow its so big", bonnie exclaimed in awe. "well thanks", clemont said. "why did you just say that", bonnie asked him. "well im actually th one who designed it", clemont said, pushing up his glasses. "wow that's amazing clemont", ash said. "that's me boy", neyer said, patting clemonts back. "hehe thanks", clemont replied. "well lets g-", *cough* *cough*. Ash was cut of, mid sentence by one of team rockets smoke bombs. "ok now", meowth yelled as jessie grabbed ash's bag, with all his pokeballs. "hey !", ash yelled as he felt his backpack slipping off his shoulders. The smoke cleared and they saw team rockets balloon flying away in the distance. "ash you have to go and register that you're there. Ill go after team rocket", clemont yelled as he ran after them. "im counting on you clemont", ash yelled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"horray to us", jessie squealed. "we finally got the twerps Pokemon", meowth yelled as they landed and kept ash's bag in a cave. "now lets head back to the league and win", James yelled. "um we don't have any badges stupid", meowth said. "or do we", James said grinning, letting the suspense linger. "what do you mean", jessie asked him confused. "Well i already registered with the badges that I that's right ME. the badges that i stole", James siad proudly. "since when were you swiping badges", meowth asked. "well whenever the twerp went to a gym, i would go and swipe a badge from the room where they keep em", James said, still proud of his work. "great, then lets go win", jessie squealed. "yeah", James and meowth yelled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

surprisingly, clemont kept up with team rockets balloon. He felt like quitting but he just didn't, he kept running. "ash worked too hard for this, I've seen the way he trained day in and day out. Im not gonna let all his efforts go to waste because of stupid team rocket", he said to himself while running. He finally reached the place where team rocket had left ash's bag. "why would they leave it here", he thought to himself. Team rocket had left there about a half hour ago. And the league was about to start in 10 minutes. Clemont immediately got ash's bag and pulled out noiverns pokeball. "noi-Vern", the Pokemon cried as it came out. "noivern, ash needs our help, we need to get back to the stadium, pronto", clemont said. "Vern Vern", the Pokemon replied as it bent down to allow clemont to get on it. Clemont got on and signalled noivern to leave at once.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"ash you're up next", serena told ash in concern. "yeah i know. But don't worry, clemont will be here", ash said with a thumbs up. They waited there for a few minutes in silence. "ash ketchum and James, you're up next at the stadium", a lady with a writing pad came in and said. "o-okay", ash replied. "ash what are you gonna do", bonnie asked. "im gonna battle of course, i have pikachu don't i", ash said. As he left the room. Bonnie, serena and meyer left the room as well and went to take their seats. Words couldn't describe how worried serena was feeling right now.

at the battle field, ash had to face James. And James was none other than James from team rocket. "well if it isn't the twerp", James said smirking. "twerp ? Wait, you're from team rocket", ash yelled. "duh", James replied. "what did you do with my Pokemon", ash yelled. "we didn't do anything", James replied smirking. "okay bring out you're two Pokemon and spare", the referee said. James brought out inkay and gourgeist as his main pokemon and wobbuffet as his spare. Ash just used his pikachu. "where's your other two Pokemon son", the referee asked ash. "well ill just be using pikachu for now", ash replied nervously. "you know that if be faints now, you'll be eliminated right", the referee asked ash. Maming sure he knew all the circumstances. "yes i know", ash replied. "okay then battle begin", the referee announced. The battle had started and James was throwing attack after attack on ash's pikachu. "pikachu, just dodge and hang in there, we have to wait for clemont to come", ash commanded his pikachu. His Pokemon understood and kept dodge attack after attack. "stop running around you little twerp. Inkay psybeam, gourgeist, shadow ball", James commanded. The two Pokemon understood and unleashed their attacks at pikachu, it was a direct hit. Pikachu couldn't dodge it because he was tired from dodging all if the other attacks. "pikachu !", ash yelled out in concern. Serena couldn't beleive what was happening. Was ash going to lose. She had her hand placed on her chest the whole time. She could feel her heart beating at almost 100 miles an hour. The smoke cleared from the attack and pikachu was still barely standing. Serena left out a sigh of releif, but she and ash knew that pikacbu wouldn't be able to last any longer. "inkay finish it off with psybeam", James commanded. "wait !", they heard someone yell from the distance, interupting inkays attack. It was clemont !. Noivern landed right beside the battle field and clemont jumped off holding ash's bag. "well you took your own sweet time", ash said. Clemont just giggled and handed him the bag. "now show em what the real ash ketchum can do", he said as he did so. "you count on it", ash said to clemont as clemont went running towards his seat beside his dad. "pikachu return", ash said and it came running back. "charizard, greninja, i choose you !", ash yelled as the two Pokemon cake out of their balls. "charizard, use flame thrower on gourgeist. Greninja, dark pulse on inkay", ash yelled. The two Pokemon unleashed their attacks and sent their opponents flying back. They both fainted in one attack. James had no other choice but to send out wobbuffet. "charizard, seismic toss", ash yelled. His charizard grabbed wobbuffet and flew high up into the air. It then tossed down the blue Pokemon with all if its force into the ground. "ash ketchum is the winner !", the referee exclaimed. Clemont, bonnie and serena jumped up in joy. "good job guys, ash said to his Pokemon and called them back in.

ash ran back to the stands and hugged clemont. "thanks a lot bro", he said to clemont, with his hand around his neck. "anytime ash", clemont replied.

charizard and greninja were unstoppable in all the team matches. They were then the team to beat. Ash battled his way through all the opponents and he finally reached the finals. He now had to face alain, but before, they were given a half hour break