Foreword

If you don't like explanations, please skip ahead to chapter one. But if you're interested or don't mind explanations, then feel free to continue ahead.

This fic was actually originally written for an English assignment as a Romeo and Juliet creative piece. I had this huge idea about using the opportunity to practise for the Nordic Mafia fic that I wanted to write. So I decided on this idea and needed to write it for school as a Hetalia Mafia fic.

So because it was for school there were things I couldn't include or had to change. Some of these things were names, but I've gone through it and changed the names back. I couldn't include any DenNor like I really wanted to, so they're just brothers for this fic. I couldn't include much SuFin either, so I had to just make them coworkers. I couldn't have RoChu, so I used Fem!China (again) so they could be Hong Kong and Vietnam's parents. So because I wanted HongIce to be the main Romeo and Juliet feature I had to change Hong Kong to Fem!Hong Kong (I didn't know her name so I just used Li from Li Xiao).

For things to biologically make sense and for the story to make sense, Norway (Lukas) is Iceland's (Emil's) really shitty dad, and Denmark (Matthias) is his uncle. For Fem!Hong Kong, Fem!China and Russia are her parents, and her sister is Vietnam (Lien) and her cousin is Taiwan (Mei).

I hope my changes make sense, if not, I apologise for confusion. Just saying that because this was for English and I didn't want to get busted for writing a fan fiction so I couldn't use much description and have them too much in character, so apologies for it not being very Hetaliary.

I wrote this in a week and a bit, so it's short and straight to the point, but not that short (12,000 words) so it would be good for people who lose interest very quickly.

Quick acknowledgement to screw-usernames  for helping me with the title, and AlarriaiaOfGondolin  for staying at my side whilst writing this.

So without further ado, I present:

Rivalry is in Blood

~•~o~•~

Names Used:

Mei - Taiwan

Yong Soo - South Korea

Matthias - Denmark

Hans - Extra who shall be called Svalbard just for the hell of it

Emil - Iceland

Antonio - Spain

Ivan - Russia

Yao - Fem!China (again)

Ping - Macau

Li - Fem!Hong Kong

Lien - Vietnam

Tino - Finland

Berwald - Sweden

Lukas - Norway

Kjetil - Extra who shall be called Åland Islands just for the hell of it