Voldemort Is Going Down (So Is Kronos)

Third Person POV

The wizards watched from inside the school as the exchange students continued whatever they were doing. McGonagall had shooed them all inside when the massive bolts of lightning dropped from the sky, so they now crowded at any window they could find.

Frank carefully picked Will up, bridal style, and looked at Percy. "I'm going to get a pyre ready for him."

"Don't forget the drachmas." Annabeth reminded softly.

"Oh trust me, he'll have drachmas." Frank said determinedly, turning and walking off so that he was out of the dust before laying Will's corpse on the ground again and turning into a bear, lumbering off into the woods.

"Percy, let's get the dust cleared." Annabeth suggested.

Percy nodded numbly, his eyes still on Will's broken body. He absentmindedly waved a hand and half the lake leapt up to wash away the dust. The lightly glittering water receded back to it's original place and began to spin.

"Let's get Will up to the others." Hazel suggested. "Frank can bring back the wood and build the pyre there and we can pay our respects."

Annabeth nodded and Percy moved over to Will, picking him up with the attitude of someone who had found a injured baby bird.

When they reached the group, Nico was unconscious and Emmy was sitting up, rubbing her head and hissing in pain every time she moved.

"Is he okay?" Hazel asked, checking her half brother's pulse.

"He's fine, I'm more worried about if he'll hurt himself when he finds out..." Jason looked away from the body, "You know."

"It's my fault." Percy suddenly said.

"What? No!" Annabeth exclaimed.

"He said he was clear, but he wasn't. If I hadn't dropped the water, he wouldn't have gotten killed."

"That's not true." Hazel spoke with surprising vhemence. "I'm not as good at this as Nico, but I can tell you when he died, if it proves to you that you didn't kill him." She looked from Jason to Thalia to Percy.

The son of Poseidon laid his dead friend on the ground and motioned for her to do what she could.

Hazel placed her hands on Will's chest and closed her eyes, concentrating. "Annabeth, approximate time from when Percy and the Graces did their thing." She ordered.

"Six minutes."

Hazel looked up, tears in her eyes. "Will's been dead for almost seven. And he died of a broken neck, not electrocution."

"Who died of a broken neck?" Nico asked groggily, slowly sitting up. Emmy was staring blankly at her half brother, not comprehending what the daughter of Pluto had just said.

"Nico, I'm so sorry-" Percy started.

"Who. Died." Nico enunciated. Hazel moved to the right so he had a view of Will's face.

They watched as the son of Hades' eyes clouded over with tears. "...No..." He whispered.

The others sat in silence as Nico crawled over to the dead body. They had closed Will's eyes already, but Nico carefully adjusted his neck so no one could tell it had been violently snapped.

Percy and Jason looked stricken, like they had done the deed. Thalia looked sad, but it was noticeable that she wasn't blaming herself. She knew there was nothing she could do to change it and she knew that she hadn't done it.

"I'm sorry Nico, it was my fault."

"No it wasn't." Nico said, looking up at at Percy. "Hazel said he died of a broken neck. And he did, before you did your little flash bang thingie." He took a deep breath. "And as much as I want to blame you, I can't. I just keep thinking about Bianca and how it wasn't your fault then either."

Percy winced at the memory of the oldest di Angelo child disappearing under a hunk of metal shaped like a foot.

Frank trotted up as a donkey, carrying a massive pile of wood on his back, which was impossibly lashed around himself.

"This should be enough." He said, unloading once he had reformed as a human. "I saw a camp of monsters in the woods, but it didn't seem big enough to attack at the moment. Should we go after them?"

"No." Piper ordered before anyone could answer. "We're all emotional and we've had a rough day. We'll wait for them or attack tomorrow, whichever comes first."

The charmspeak in her voice was strong and the others found themselves agreeing with her.

"I hate war." Ginny murmured, staring at nothing.

"You aren't the only one." Draco assured her, not looking up from where he was drawing on the ground with a stick.

"What are you drawing?" Luna asked.

The son of Nemesis shrugged. "Nothing really, just drawing."

"Drake, open your eyes and look." Annabeth said.

Draco opened his eyes and looked down at his scratched picture.

"That's amazing. I didn't know you could draw like that." Hermione said.

Scratched into the dirt was a beautiful image of Will, his eyes crinkling with laughter and his grin wide and natural.

Nico stood and came over to look. He clenched his jaw at the image, then suddenly his head shot up.

"Nico, you okay?" Hazel asked.

"It's his fault." The son of Hades announced, staring at nothing. "And I'm going to take him down."

"Nico, what-" He interrupted Draco by disappearing into his shadow.

"That can't be good."

[A/N If you didn't read the books, then you'll never know how creative, dramatic and sassy Draco Malfoy actually was. You won't know that the 'Potter Stinks' badges were his idea, or that he allegedly wrote 'Weasley Is Our King.' You'll never know about his acting skills, his imitations, anything. The end of this chapter was a mini-Draco Malfoy Appreciation Chapter, because I really like Draco and I wish he would have changed early on because he was the kind of person that Harry could have used backing him. Smart, sarcastic, snarky, ingenius, artistic Draco Malfoy]