Chapter 19

Rich came around and hugged Adele tightly, before speaking. "You need anything Sis, you call and i'll be here.I'm so glad Mac found you." Adele teared up again and whispered "I am too! I'll call if I need anything I promise. Before the trip I want to spend some time with you if you are okay with that?" He grinned and said "Of course! I would love that! That is if I can steal you away from Mac!" They both laughed and looked towards Mac. Mac shook his head at their teasing and said "I think I could spare her for a while, but only because i'll need to work off these sweets!"

        Adele waved to Linda and Rich as they left and then turned back to Mac. He wrapped her in his arms and said "So Baby, how much more do you need to finish tonight?" She smiled and said "We've got another hour or so in the back.Let me just lock up and we can head back there again. You can finish the research you were doing before we head to my place and i'll get some of this baking done. I'll text Linda and let her know she won't have to come in at my normal time." Adele turned to locked the door then squeaked when Mac scooped her up into his arms before carring her to the kitchen. She was giggling by the time he sat in the chair, with her on his lap. He kissed her neck and said "Now I guess you need to get to baking." She laughed harder and said "You have to let me go Mac!" He said "Pretty sure i'll never let you go Adele but i'll let you up for now."

          Adele turned to look into his eyes and saw how sincere he was, she saw the stirrings of love in his eyes. She laid her hand on his cheek and whispered "Good because i'm pretty sure I don't want you to ever let me go. Is this too fast Mac? I don't know how things are suppose to work." He grinned and said "It's only to fast if we don't both feel the same. A wise man told me he knew the first time he laid eyes on his wife, she was the one for him. I know how he felt because from the first message you sent I was hooked. When I walked into that room and held you I knew you were the last woman I would ever want to hold. So for me no it's not too fast."

        Adele kissed him softly and leaned her forehead agains his, before whispering "The only place I want to be is in your arms for a very long time. I'm glad this isn't to fast for you because I honestly don't know what should and shouldn't be happening yet. All I can do is be honest with you about what i'm feeling." He said "I always want you to be honest with me and not worry about if this is how it should be. We aren't going by someone else's standards, only our own."

         He pulled her closer and held her tight before letting go of her. He looked into her eyes and said "Baby go get your baking done so we can go back to your place. We both need some sleep, it's been a long day." She laughed and said "That it has been! Ok only a few batches to go Babe. Now you get to work!" 

          Adele returned to her dough that had been rising and tried to concentrate, which was hard with Mac across the room. She smiled as she watched his hands fly over the keyboard. She knew he would find all of the information they would need for the trip. Smiling to herself she slipped a few of the strawberry and peach popovers into a box for breakfast, then filled another box with Mac's cupcakes. Setting the boxes to the side, she shaped the next batch of popovers, lemon & apple. Smiling to herself she snagged the bag with the leftover cheesecake filling and made a few popovers with it for Mac. She could get use to baking for him, and cooking for him.

        She was so lost in thought that she didn't notice he had stopped to watch her. She looked happy and at ease, he couldn't help but grin. She loved what she did and she was amazing in the kitchen. He wanted to do something special for her, but he wasn't sure what just yet. He snuck a couple more pictures and turned back to finish pulling the info on hotels. He though he could get them some pretty good deals but he would have to actually call them to do that, and that would have to wait until tomorrow. She didn't know it yet but he wasn't letting her spend money on their hotels, he would take care of it all.