Number 63

Crushed
(Btw I changed my name from fanfic_tris)

Tris POV

"You took him back," Christina exclaims, the hatred in her voice clear. "He fucking ripped your heart to shreds. And you know what? That's bullshit that he said he was protecting you!" I bit my lip, not knowing how to respond.

"You're clueless," Christina hisses. "Don't come crawling to me in tears when he leaves you again!" Am I that. . .pathetic? I know I can't let my hurting show, a rise out of me is probably what she wants. She probably wants to show how much she thinks he broke me.

"You don't know he will leave me," I say. It is not a great come back, obviously. But I can't think of what else to say. I don't want to cry, I can't cry over everything anymore. I have to try to move on.

"But I do," she says exasperated. "Tris, Goddamn it he left you before. He will come up with some excuse to leave you again. Just be honest with yourself. This was doomed from the beginning!

"You and Four? An instructor, and initiate? Mm-mm. I've tried for years to conceal how I feel about you two being together! I just. . .never mind."

I feel a tightening in my chest, and anger bubbles up in me. How dare she! "Don't ever," I hiss through gritted teeth. "Talk to me again! I can't believe you think you are some high and mighty bitch! You have no right to say that. Don't. Ever. Come. Near. Me. Again." I push back against the table in the cafeteria, jump out of my chair, and head out of the area. To home. To my husband who will tell me it's okay when it's not. Who will hold me when I need it. Who knows who I really am.
>>
I slam the door, and collapse against it. All the feelings I felt, all come pouring out. I let out a scream, and slam my fists against the ground like a toddler having a temper tantrum. Everything that's happened! Eric torturing me, losing Seely, Evelyn, death, now this! I've lost my best friend who really, truly, was there for me.

I feel like our friendship was a lie. All the times she said she was happy for me; she really meant she was disappointed in my choice of a man.

My hands fist at my hair and my head goes between my legs, trying to breathe. It feels like everything is now coming out.

Loud footsteps come from the bedroom, and Tobias exits. He picks up his pace when he sees me. I turn to face the door. He can't see me, my subconscious says. He will leave me because of me being a pathetic mess.

"Baby," he murmurs, and I realize his arms around my waist. "Hey, come here. Look at me." His voice is so soft, and his caring for me makes my heart melt. I turn to him.

"Oh hunny," he coos. He places his hands on my cheeks and wipes away my tears. When more come he kisses them away. "It'll be alright. We will be alright." I move to be wrapped in his arms. He is in a squatting position, and my back is pressed against his chest, his arms surrounding me-protecting me.

"I know what happened," he murmurs, going into a standing position, then he helps me up. I open my mouth to ask how, but he talks before I do, "Control room." I close my eyes and lean against him.

"Let's go lay down baby," he says against my neck. I nod, walking to the couch.

Once we are both laying down, he starts kissing my neck. I smile, knowing that he really loves me. That Christina is so wrong.

When Tobias pulls away, he says, "Face me." I break into a grin and turn to face him, grateful that the couch is big enough for the two of us. I raise my eyebrows. He goes to kiss me, and I duck away, placing my head against his chest. "Tease," he murmurs. I press myself up, placing my lips to his.

"I am a genius," he smirks.

"How so?"

"Two reasons! A) I helped you," he pauses. "And B) I picked the most beautiful, angelic, women on the face of the earth.

"Now who's a tease?"

A/N: Heyy! How's it going?? Um, so. . .I'm going to be changing my name to: Reading_xxbae

So, if you see like a different name updating you won't be weirded out!😂
As soon as I post this I will be changing my name! BTW

I love you guys so much! Voting and commenting means you love me too!💟