Chapter 11

Michael's P.O.V

I drove. As far as I could. I wanted to get away from everything. She just stood there. She fucking stood there and didn't say anything. She didn't look sorry. She didn't say 'I love you, too'. Nothing. She doesn't care.

I sighed and parked my car on the street. I grabbed a bunched up tissue and a bottle of pills and ran. I ran up the old stars up to the roof. She doesn't care. No one does. They won't care. Whats the point of loving someone who fucking hates you?

I reached the door at the end of the stairs and pushed it open. Taking in the view of buildings, cars, and busy people, and the sunset.

I walked over to the edge, and sat down. I took a deep breath, and just let everything out. I started to cry. Cry. Really cry. Like the way I hadn't in years. Full out sobbing and shaking. It hit me like a wave, it pulled me under. I gripped the edge and screamed.

Looking down at my wrist, I pulled out the tissue thay held my blades. I took one last look at the bright pink scars, then tore them open. Until there was no clean piece of skin left. Both arms were dripping with blood. I put my hands into fists, making my nails dig little half moons into my palm until it drew blood.

Everything is fading out. The sounds of honking and people yelling. I cried and cried, until I felt raw inside. Behind me, I could hear someone talking to me. "Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, I would too. But I don't think you really want to. Come on." The voice said. It was a girl. Why was she up here? I'm hearing voices again.

I turned around and I couldn't make out her face. My vision was blurry, and I hadn't even taken any pills yet. She grabbed my hand and helped me up. I was confused, as to why she was helping me. I didn't question her as she brought me to the stairwell and made me sit down on the steps. She sat down next to me.

"Okay. So um I'm Jessica. Nice hair by the way." She laughed and ruffled my hair. I gave her a questioned look, and she nodded and started talking again. "Look, I don't know you but you shouldn't jump. I actually came here to but you were in my way. You don't deserve to die, mate. You probably have a loving girlfriend and friends." She looked up at me and smiled.

"Haha no I don't. And I don't deserve to live. The girl I love won't care if I was dead or alive." Tears started forming in my eyes and I tried to wipe them away.

My vision returned to normal, and I could make out what she looks like. She had bright green eyes, long brown hair, and was extremely thin.

Jessie looked upset. "Oh, well I'm sorry. And I'm not just saying that. I am sorry because I know how it feels. Wanna talk about it?" She shrugged and leaned against the wall.

I nodded and began talking. I only met her a few minutes ago, but I told her everything. By the time I was done, we both were in tears and she hugged me. I hugged her back and when we pulled apart she began talking about her life.

"Uh I guess it's like this Cassie girl. This guy, his name is Jake. I loved him, a lot really. But he kind of made out with my cousin. He apologized and stuff but he kept going with other girls. But I still love him. But then he realized his mistakes and he... he jumped." She was crying really hard now, and I hugged her. I was scared to, because she looked so fragile.

"I'm sorry." I said. "That must be horrible. To lose someone you love." She looked up at me, smiling.

She stood up and said, "Then don't jump. There's someone who loves you." She smiled, and gave me a hug. She opened the door and went back onto the roof. I was confused. But I saw her stand on the edge. She was gone. She jumped.

My phone started ringing. I got a text message.

From: Jess
Hey Michael. We haven't talked much. Text me back as soon as you can (:

I shook my head. Wasn't she just here? Didn't she jump?

Oh god. No. No no no. It can't be. Jessica. Wait. How is this possible?

Last year a random number started texting me. I texted back. We kept talking for months, and we told eachother everything. We didn't bother knowing where eachother lived. We both planned our suicide. We weren't there to help eachother, we were just there to understand. But she stopped texting me. I assumed she jumped.

Now I got her text. I don't believe in ghosts, but how come she was here? She jumped. Then texted me.

I looked down at my hands that held the pill bottle. A few were gone. They were my anxiety pills, that usually made me hallucinate. I must've took them. So I was just hallucinating. I sighed and carried myself down the stairs to my car.

A loud crash and honking shook me. I opened my eyes to see all bright light, and I could hear sirens in the distance. My eyes felt heavy, and I couldn't keep them open any longer.

~~~~~~~~~~

Cassie's P.O.V

Michael left. He told me he loved me. He proved that he loved me. I didn't even know that he remembered anything. But he does. I should be thanking him. For saving me. When I did love him, he kept me alive. Now I'm happier. But I left him alone. He looks terrible.

Calum just sat on the couch and didn't say anything. He finally broke the silence a few minutes later. "Shit, Cass. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. Who knows what the fuck he is going to do." He started crying and lacing around the room. He kept mumbling swears under his breath and clenching his fists.

"It's not your fault Calum. It's mine. I left him. I hurt him. I thought he didn't love me but he was lying because he knew you liked me. I didn't want to keep loving him if he didn't love me. So I fell for you. But that was wrong. I need to find him." I started walking out of the room and out of the house.

Calum grabbed my wrist and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. I shook my head and kept walking. "I love you, Cassie." He said.

"No you don't, Calum. You know it, too. You were just desperate because you knew I liked you. You'll find someone, I promise." I didn't have a car, so I walked. Then I started to run. I stopped running when my phone began to ring.

It was Luke. I quickly picked up. "Shit, Cassie. I-" Luke got cut off. I had another call coming, so I hung up with Luke. Unknown number. I hesitantly answered.

"Hello?" I asked, my voice shaky.

"Hello, Miss. Winters. Your boyfriend, Michael Clifford is here with us. I'm afraid there had been an accident and he is currently in the hospital. It is very serious. I would advise you to get here as quick as possible. Goodbye." The lady hung up.

Then I ran.

(AUTHORS NOTE)

HELLOOOO! I hope you liked this chapter. It's not what I wanted it to be, but I didn't want to rewrite it all. I hope you like it!

Please vote and comment :D