Chapter 19

Cassie's P.O.V

"Cassie." I heard Michael whisper.
"Wake up."

I groaned. "Why? Isn't it like Christmas break or something?"

"Yeah it is. And it's like 5 pm." He got up off the bed and threw on a shirt that was laying on the floor.

I shoved my face into my pillow and whined. "But it's early."

"But it's 5 pm." Michael repeated.

Michael chuckled and wrapped his arms around me and picked me up. "PUT ME DOWN!" I screamed, him laughing.

He kissed my cheek. "No. You're coming with me." Michael carried me downstairs and set me down on the couch.

"What?" I asked. He was standing in front of me, his smile wide.

He shook his head. "Nothing. I'm just so lucky to have you." Michael grabbed one of his jumpers and threw it on me. "Put it on."

I did as I was told, and he put on one himself.

I wanted to know where we were going.

Michael grabbed my wrist and pulled me outside.

"Michael?" I asked annoyingly. "Why are we wearing sweatshirts? We are in Australia."

He smirked. "You'll see."

I rolled my eyes and followed him down the street.

"How much longer do I have to walk?" I groaned, my feet starting to hurt.

Michael laughed. "We'll be there soon." He smiled, giving me a light kiss.

We've been walking for over an hour, and to be honest, I think we're lost. I have no idea where we are.

"Are we lost?" I say, hugging Michael.

He shake his head abruptly. "No, we're not lost." He stops walking. "We're here."

I haven't been paying any attention to our surroundings, and we now stood in front of a small wood building that looked as though it was inhabited by a hobbit.

"What's this?" I ask, confused.

Michael gives me a small smile. "Go inside." He lightly pushed me toward the door. I hesitated, not knowing what could be in there.

I opened the door and my jaw dropped.

In the far right corner was a small Christmas tree, all lit up with shiny decorations.

There was a table, two plates and a few boxes of pizza on it.

The entire place was decorated with fairy lights and was lit by candles.

Out the small window was an amazing view of a lake, glistening in the sun.

"Do you like it?" Michael asked, smiling.

I was speechless. "I love it. This is amazing." I squeezed and hugged him.

"Let's eat, shall we?" He giggled and we sat down.

Michael opened a box and handed me two slices, as well as giving himself some.

Then we stuffed our faces.

"We've never been on a date, so I guess this counts." Michael smiled, taking another bite.

"This is perfect."

It was perfect. Everything. The thought that he put into this. Him. Ugh. Everything was falling into place.

"Hey Cassie?" Michael asked, looking at me straight in the eyes.