Little Love Story

Okay, I'll apologize in advance, this isn't a poem, its a short story, but its very short so I was going to publish it under Simplicity. But I hope y'all like it. Thanks. :)

************************************************************

            There once was a little girl, who had everything she could want. A happy home, loving parents and grandparents who spoiled her, nice clothes, toys, books and just about anything else she needed. They weren't rich, to the point of being arrogant, but they weren't poor either. She had a nice little brother and sister who adored her. In fact, her whole family loved her. But for some reason it wasn't enough. As she grew up to the age of being a teenager, that feeling grew even more. She was desperately craving the love of someone else. Because, well, love from her family is kind of given. Of course, they love you. But she wanted more, a different kind of love. So in middle school, she tried being popular. It wasn't hard since she was very outgoing but it just didn't seem enough. She was surrounded by lots of people, most called "friends" but still felt lonely. She thought that being popular, everyone would love her and that need for another's love would be filled. But it wasn't, since their love was superficial. So before middle school was over, she gave up trying to be popular, and was just herself. Sure, she lost lots of followers, but the friends who stayed behind were genuine. But still, she was craving a different love than the genuine friends she had. Then she met this boy, who was bright and cheerful, and almost perfect. The kind of guy you could see being a prince on a white horse. But most people say they don't exist anymore, that there is some fault or that their not being completely honest with you. So she became friends with this amazing boy. Eventually, he became very important to her. She became uneasy, wondering if her feelings were true, because she really cared for this boy. So, she let her feelings stand the test of time, and it blossomed into a sweet love that filled the need for another that she felt. But she was still anxious, should she love him from afar or risk it all and find out if he loved her too? It plagued her for about a year, then eventually she told him. He was pleasantly surprised, and pleased that she thought of him like her prince. He said that he had feelings for her too. So as they went through high school, their relationship deepened and they were both happy. They hung out a lot, went out on dates, went swimming and spent a lot of time with each other and their families. Then when they graduated from high school, a month later, he proposed to her and they lived happily together.