Prologue

Lynn and Alexa are the ex-best friends of ex-best friends. They were best friends until fourth grade and Alexa back-stabbed Lynn sending her into a deep depression.

It was almost as if Alexa had no choice. She had a fucked up home and "money doesn't buy you happiness" really did apply to her.

Lynn was a rebel. She had a crazy friend group and after 3 years of deep depression was happy as ever and almost forgot Alexa existed.

How will this all play out ?

-

Alexa's POV
She's so cute. My ex-best friend who probably thinks I'm some slut, when in reality I like girls, somehow manages to be the person I like. This isn't right. I regret all the wrongs I've done to her and I feel so terrible.

It's all my mom's fault. She's a social climbing asshole which took me years to figure out. What's even worse, I'm the middle child. I have my older sister, Sam, and my younger sibling. Sam is allowed to do anything she wants and I'm here restricted as hell. She can dye her hair unnatural colors and live her passion and have all the friends she wants.

Then there's me. I "need to" be friends with the popular girls. I have to dress in expensive clothes. I have to be brilliant and good at sports. I have to like boys. I hate all the people I'm "friends" with, I just want to wear t-shirts and jeans, I'm smart enough, I may be good at sports, but I sure as hell hate them, and, well, I like girls.

Lynn's POV
Alexa San Roman. I hate her. She nearly ruined my life and backstabbed me. I suppose it's not 100% her fault, but she's still a bitch. She causes drama and is one of those typical bitchy prep students.

I'll give her she's extremely pretty. She has short, black hair with a blonde streak in her fringe and the most gorgeous blue eyes I've ever seen in my life.

Then there was me. The "freak" with the mullet. I had a half side-cut on both sides of my head but it looked really cool. It was ombréd as well. I loved my hair and I really didn't take shit from people.