And now im just numb

Lynn's POV
I told my mom about Alexa apologized and I really want to give her another shot. She fucked up, I talked shit about her, we both made our wrongs and rights. She really was the bigger person. However, Alexa's asshole of a mother wouldn't take any of this. Her mom was a bitch when I knew her and I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed. My mom wouldn't have anything of it. She said we better not be friends because she's doing out of her "hating herself" and pity and guilt. Honestly my mom is a bitch sometimes.

Alexa's POV
So today we're going to the mall since it's Friday. I told my mother about apologizing and she was mad. Her exact words were "She isn't popular so stop trying to make up for your sins"; I cannot begin to explain how angry I am. Sam seemed pretty mad at the statement as well, but knew better to just keep her mouth shut. Sam was allowed to get things at hot topic. She loved their flannels, tights, accessories, and is a huge fan of 3 bands that I love now too: Nirvana, All Time Low, and Fall Out Boy. I asked my mom if I could a Fall Out Boy shirt with a dream catcher on it and she said no, although Sam had the same one. Sam mouthed a 'sorry' to me and bought a necklace and an All Time Low sweatshirt. Luckily, my mom did let me a black crop top with a pocket that had the nirvana logo, a white Fall Out Boy pullover, and Future Hearts earrings. It's a start I guess; better than the one nirvana charm bracelet I wear everyday. She made me get expensive clothes at other places. Like it's still ugly, I don't care that it costs two hundred dollars, it's fucking ugly. Sam said she wanted to talk to me when we got home and said she had explaining to do.

We got back and I went to the second floor, where Sam's room was. It was amazing, really. She had a brand new iMac, posters everywhere and photos of her with her friends. Her reputation is the smart emo girl and I'm stuck with the snobby prep, when in reality whether or not I'll admit it, I'm basically a younger Sam. She said she thinks how ridiculous it is mom wants me to be something I'm not and she's sick of getting into fights with our mom everyday about how her friend group isn't suitable and that she should play more sports. She told me I'd be able to escape this as high school approached but I honestly don't know.