Chapter 14 - Trying

Jessica's POV

Oh my God I was ecstatic about Alexander's decision but also slightly wary I wasn't sure if I believed him but hey I was willing to give it a shot.

But the thing was...

Jace...

What was I going to do about that.

I mean I can tell he's really into me and he's a friend I couldn't bare hurting his feelings for my own gain.

"What is it?" Alex asked he looked at me and if I didn't know better I'd think he was nervous.

"Ahm Jace and I went on a date."

"I know " he stated with a slightly edge I chose to ignore.

"I didn't tell ... whatever. Anyways he's really into me and I'd prefer to not hurt his feelings."

"Why. Do you like him?" he asked looking at me weirdly.

"Not really I thought I did but.."

He breathed a sigh of relief before asking "So why do you care if he get's hurt?"

I hissed my teeth and stared at him blankly, "Alexander he's still my friend."

"Right." he said all long and drawn out barely understanding but agreeing nonetheless, "So what do you wanna do to protect this friend?"

"Keep us under wraps until I've told him and given him some time to cool off."

"No" he stated simply. In fact it was so simple and lacked argument it didn't even register in my head as a refusal.

"Thanks... wait...No?! ... what do you mean no?"

"I like what's mine and I like when everyone knows what's mine. You are mine" I was about to protest but he beat me to it "As much as I am your's and I want everyone to know. Why do you want to do this anyway?"

Alex this makes the most sense. Firstly, even excluding Jace my brother hunting you down when he finds out is one thing I don't mind delaying. Secondly if the student body especially the human section who don't understand what the hell a mate bond even is it will be a huge shocker and we'll be hounded which is another thing I could wait on. I mean staring and whispering? No thanks. Lastly, your still on trial and I'd like to observe how you deal with girls continuously throwing themselves at you now that you've made a formal commitment to me."

"And then we can be together like normal people?"

"Sure."

"One more thing. If your brother tried to take me I'd probably kick his ass." He said with a confident smile or was it a smirk I couldn't quite tell.

"Sure."I said in a way that sounded like I didn't believe him so I could annoy him.

"What do you mean sure?"

"What does sure mean?" I said with a shrug of my shoulders

"What does sure mean.." He mocked in a whiny voice I guess was supposed to imitate me.

"Hey I don't sound like that."

"You wanna go there."

"You wanna go there." he said with a devilish grin.

I slapped him upside the head.

It was my turn to smirk as I watched his face go through the motions.

Shock.

Anger.

Amusement.

Revenge.

I had barely let out a yelp before he caught me around the waist.

"You wanna play a game?" He questioned with a sense of dark humor I wondered if i should have been afraid of.

"Alex?"

He was walking towards the railing.

"Alex!" I shouted more frantically now.

He didn't reply as he swung my body over the railing.

"I was just kidding dude gessh."

He smiled deviously.

"Afraid of heights?"

I didn't get a chance to answer because before I knew it I was falling.

Halfway through the fall I felt arms around me.

Then my feet touched the floor lightly.

Those arms still around me.

And for some reason I found myself giggling as I slapped his chest "Asshole."

"Pay back is sweet."

Suddenly I realized how close we were and his arms were still around me.

He must have realized a split second later as his laughing seized.

"Can I kiss you?"

"Have you ever asked?" I questioned on my last giggle.

My breath hitched as he inched in moving infinitely slow.

I could hear my heart beating and if I used my wolf hearing I could hear his and I got an air of satisfaction when I realized that it was beating faster than mine.

Unable to wait any longer i leaned in the final centimeter.

It wasn't like our previous kiss.

It wasn't a ball of fire it was sweet gentle prodding as he nibbled away at my lips as sparks ignited on my finger tips.

They buzzed fervently as the heat spread to other parts of my body.

He coaxed his tongue into my mouth as they both met touching caressing as if they wee trying to get to know each other.

Id literally never experienced anything like it in my life.

The feeling in my belly was like a knot tightening and tightening.

My skin where he touched felt like feathers were trailing along slowly.

It felt heavenly and then..

It was over.

We were both out of breath.

"That was.." he tried to speak but still couldn't catch his breath

"Amazing?"

"Yeah." he said with a twinkle in his eye that made me strangely happy an proud to have put it there

"You wanna go for a run?" he asked suddenly.

"Now? "

"Yeah"

"Ahm? Sure."

I began to walk towards a tree and he grabbed a hold of my hand slinking his fingers through mine and gripping tightly.

"This mate thing is turning out to be pretty great."

"It has it's perks." I replied vaguely.

"Hey!" he protested at the insufficient answer.

I didn't reply or give him a chance to say more as I burst into a run and change into my wolf.

I could hear his laugh and i wanted to be stuck in that moment forever.