|Chapter 1|

Ariel Bautista
2:37 PM
Manhattan Court of Justice

"So you do admit to breaking into Katherine's apartment?" Asked Dominic, SVU's lawyer.

"I didn't break in! Her door was unlocked and she wouldn't answer, so I walked in." The suspect, James Brown, testified.

"His talk is cheap..." Nick, my partner, grabbed my attention. I sat up straight, trying to pay close attention to James' testimony. My phone buzzed in my velvet red pencil skirt.

I took it out, unlocking it to see my favorite book on Wattpad, Jason's Rifle, updated. The pressure of holding in my squeal was unbareable, but I pulled through.

"Object!" shouted James' lawyer, "Sustained!" Judge Judith argued.

I honestly don't understand why there has to be a trial for this. James clearly raped Katherine.

All his fingerprints were on her body, the rape kit showed signs of non-consensual sex, and she died like 4 days after the rape kit due to harmful pills he used to drug her.

And here he is, trying to fool the jury.

"Nothing further." Dominic took his seat beside Katherine's boyfriend.

"The jury's decision is to be heard." Judge Judith sat back, frustrated.

"With a vote of 10-1, the jury votes James Brown guilty of rape against Katherine Henderson."

______

"Great job out there Dom," I complimented, stopping Dominic before he could hop into his escalade.

He smiled with his pearly whites, "Great job getting me that new info.. What do you think of Red Lobster later on tonight?" He asked.

My eyebrows raised. But Jason's Rifle... "Maybe tomorrow? I've got a lot of cleaning to do back at my place, mostly clothes to put back up!" I lied.

Dominic chuckled, "Alrighty then, tomorrow at 7?" "Uh, yeah!" I smiled before walking off to my Ford Fusion.

Ariel Bautista
8: 49 PM
Bath Tub

"This girl is really about to try to run away from Jason Mccann.... Again!" I mumbled as I soaked in my bubble bath, scrolling onto the next paragraph.

I ran around Jason's house, taking a turn for the woods that sat behind his house. "You can run, Bella, but you sure as hell can't hide." I heard Jason's deep, booming voice behind me.

I stopped at a tree, standing with my back against it, trying to catch my breath. I haven't ran like that in like forever. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard various leaves breaking, sounding like a vampire running on the old, fall leaves.