Fifteen

Somehow Pete had come up with the idea on having a date with Patrick. Now, there was the obvious fact that it was the end of the world and the two of them were most likely wanted targets, but Pete wasn't going to let that stop him from doing something to make Patrick happy—a task proving to be very difficult.

The attacks on Patrick's mind were getting worse. They'd last longer, return sooner, and leave him in agonising pain for hours after. The memory chip hadn't told Pete anything he didn't know, so they were no closer to the truth.

In one of the bedrooms Pete had found a battery operated radio/CD player. Luckily, it still worked. On the down side, the only CD in the house was Carly Rae Jepsen's Kiss. As Pete had said before: "It could've been worse."

So he sent Patrick upstairs to look through the memory chip while he setup for what would most likely be the worst date in the history of the world. Well, maybe that one date with Ashlee that had resulted in Pete throwing up was worse.

"Pete," Patrick called from the master bedroom. "I'm bored."

Pete chuckled and after deciding that it wasn't getting any better than what he had headed up the stairs.

"How are you bored?" he asked, leaning on the doorframe.

"Too many words. And I don't even understand half of it how did you not fall asleep reading this stuff?"

Pete shrugged his shoulders. "Dunno. Wanna come down stairs?"

"Yes," Patrick huffed. "Don't know why you insisted on me being up here."

Amused, Pete followed Patrick down the stairs and leaned against the doorframe as he watched Patrick take in the poorly set table.

So the plates were mismatched, one too many spoons were out, and the food was canned something but Patrick was simply touched at the gesture. He turned back and threw his arms around Pete, not being able to contain his smile. "Thanks."

"You've been through a lot so I figured you deserved something nice. Considered it our first date."

Happily, Patrick settled into his chair and looked up eagerly at Pete. "Coming?"

Pete smiled and nodded. He sat at the opposite end of the table and held out his glass of water. "Cheers."

"Cheers," Patrick replied and clinked his glass against Pete's.

For a while they ate in silence, trying to hide their grimacing faces from one another because maybe Pete hadn't checked the expiration dates on the food. When Patrick had enough of forcing some overly salted green beans down his throat he pushed the plate away and sighed. "That was good."

Pete laughed. "Don't lie. It was awful, and I'm sorry. My dates usually always turn out to be a disaster."

"That's not true."

So Pete went on a montage of each date he'd ever had and just how bad each one had turned out. One by one tales of throwing up, getting lost, and running from gangs added up leaving Patrick thoroughly impressed and concerned.

"You did what?" he asked in disbelief as Pete nodded eagerly.

"I did."

"Pete. . . . No, even I know not to do that."

"Well, you're a nerd."

Patrick gasped. "A nerd?"

"Mhm," Pete muttered as he put the dishes carelessly on the counter beside him.

"You're a jerk."

"Oh. Am I?"

Patrick nodded and got to his feet, standing chest to chest with Pete now. "Very much so."

Smirking, Pete leaned closer and whispered, "Nerd."

He stumbled back as Patrick shoved him roughly. Pete let him get within grabbing distance again before pulling Patrick's body into his.

Neither of them knew who started it, but tongues and teeth clashes together as a simple kiss turned into so much more. Hands were all over the place, tugging on fabric and hair. Moans that made the latter weak at the knees echoed through the darkening room as the sun began to sink below the horizon.

Pete shuffled backwards as he maintained his hold on Patrick, successfully flopping onto the long sofa. Patrick was becoming more desperate as he let out another high pitched moan.

"Pete," he breathed heavily. "Please."

Carefully, Pete flipped them over so Patrick was sprawled out on his back, flushed and sweaty. His shirt was flung to the side the minute it was removed, leaving Pete to press kisses all along the smooth skin. As restless as he was, Patrick let Pete do what he wanted. Because Patrick was helpless when it came to Pete.

He couldn't stop the begging though. "Please," he whined as Pete's hand pressed against his unwillingly growing bulge.

The pain accompanying the problem was bringing tears to his eyes, tears Pete was quick to kiss away.

"Sh," Pete cooed. "It's going to be alright, baby. I'm going to take real good care of you."

And Pete did.

Patrick couldn't remember the finer details of the endeavour, but what he could was enough to make him want more. The way Pete's lips so gently wrapped their way around him and the way his fingers knew exactly where to touch him had Patrick's heart bursting out of his chest. He had never felt so satisfied after coming down from his high.

Despite his exhaustion, Patrick had tried to return the favour, but Pete had kindly declined and carried a nearly naked Patrick up to the master bedroom.

"I'll be back in a minute, Lunchbox. You just try to sleep, okay?"

Patrick, who was already nodding off, yawned sleepily and nodded. "M'kay, Pete, I'll miss you."

Pete chuckled. "No need to miss me. I'll be right downstairs."

He closed the door softly and went about gathering up their supplies. Now that Pete had gotten the information he needed he could get to the next location and finally get this mission completed.

Pete's head jerked up at the sight of a shadow passing through the grass, but he payed it no mind and retreated upstairs with his stunner gun out.

Patrick was sleeping by the time Pete came back, so the latter took his backpack into the bathroom and pulled out his cellphone.

He dialed the number and waited for the person to answer.

"It's Pete," he said. "You ready?"