Becoming a Duo, but Still Not a Thing... Yet.

A/N DOUBLE UPDATE CUZ I'M SO LATE AND SO SORRY!

-------------------------------------------------------------

"So... How about it Mitch?"

Mitch stared at me for a couple of minutes. He then had a grin stretched across his face and turned back to Kevin.

"Let's do it."

"Awesome, you're first proper session as a duo starts first thing Monday." And with that, Kevin left us alone in the booth.

Mitch squealed and wrapped his arms around my neck. I was a little startled at first, but cane to my senses when I realized what was happening. I placed my hands on his waist and slowly moved them to his back to hug him.

We pulled away after what seemed like forever, which still wasn't long enough for me. The chocolate eyes then peirced into my ocean blue ones and I felt myself lean in. I slowly shut my eyes as my face got closer with Mitch's. I could feel Mitch's body actions. He was leaning as well.

Just as we were an inch apart, Mitch pulled back.

"I'm sorry, Scott. I said I would start over with you, but this isn't how we started in the first place."

"But this is a fresh start for us." I debated back. I was doing so well winning his love back. Why the sudden change of tude?

"Scott... I love you. I really do. But you broke me. You left me embarrassed. Now I know I said I wouldn't bring it up again, but you need to understand that I can't rush into this. Let's just take our time. I'm not saying they'll never be an us. I'm just saying, not yet. Do you understand?"

I completely got where he was coming from. To be fair, I did embarrass him and I did deserve all the ignoring. But I'm tryna win this man's heart... And he's making it difficult.

"Okay, I understand." I smiled. "Hey umm... Mitch?"

"Yeah?"

"Could I maybe... I dunno... Come round yours tonight? Not in that way, it's just I don't really wanna see Kirstie and we could work on some songs?"

"Sure, work on some songs, order pizza, open up a bottle of chardonnay, talk a bit, maybe even watch a movie or two."

"Umm... Can I sleep round there as well? I don't mind sleeping on the couch unless you have a spare mattress-"

"Scott, you're just making this more awkward. You can sleep in my bed with me. Just no touchy touchy or feely feely, okay?"

I laughed a little. "Tough touchy? Feely feely?"

He giggled a little as well. That's when I remembered.

"Mitch... I don't think it's the best idea to sleep in your bed with you. I've been sharing a bed with a person ever since I left high school and I have a habit of... Well... Cuddling. I drape my arm over the person next to me and cuddle into their warmth. Are you sure it's not gonna be... Awkward?"

Mitch rolled his eyes. "Scott, I may be saying we should take things slow, but who says you can't cuddle with your best friend? It won't be awkward, just some friends writing lyrics, watching movies, eating pizza, getting drunk and snuggling up under blankets. There's nothing wrong with that."

That let out a little relief for me. I sighed before agreeing to his decisions.

We then made our way out of the studio. It was still a little chilly but I couldn't care less about how I feel temperature wise right now. I wrapped an arm around Mitch's shoulder as we kept walking. He nuzzled into my warmth a little as we continued.

Usually I hate when people spoon and walk at the same time. But with Mitch, it's different. It's nice. It's relaxing.

And I actually felt like a boyfriend for once. Even though I wasn't his boyfriend.

Yet.