The Boy

To this day, the boy still can't get over what he's done. He can't live with himself. He's dumped the other girl, and now lives by himself, broken and alone. He knows at first it was fake. He will admit that. But he said he had soon started to fall in love with all the cute little things the girl did. He missed her terribly and wished he could see her again...

So here he stands, on the same building the girl once stood, clutching her favorite hoodie. The girl's parents had given it to the boy at her funeral. As he remembers the day he couldn't save her, a single tear rolls down his cheek and falls somewhere beneath him. He misses her. He misses her smile, and how he could never be mad at her. He misses those days alone, and wished he would've taken it slower. He misses "accidentally" touching her butt to make her blush. He loved when she blushed.

He doesn't want to leave, but he doesn't want to be in a world without the girl. He will admit, dating someone else was a stupid mistake. He wished he had never left the girl, he wished he could take it all back. Start over with her. Take things slower. Maybe then he would've seem how perfectly imperfect she was. But now that she's gone, he can't find his happiness. It's been five months since she passed, and now he's ready to see her again. Since they separated, there's been a huge hole in his heart, and with every second, getting bigger and stronger. Any longer and it'll devour him whole. He's made up his mind. He steps on the same ledge the girl did, and peers over the city skyline. He holds the girl's hoodie once more up to his nose, hoping to get one last whiff of her perfume. He'd always loved that perfume.

He closes his eyes, takes one last breath, and falls. And as he falls, he quietly whispers,

"Baby, I'm finally coming home."