Chapter 16 - Still Not Getting Any

*Liam’s POV*

“Hey, ummm….do you want to go to the park?” I hesitantly asked Emma she was slurping on her ice tea she didn’t seem to care about the noise she was making. She finally finished and spoke.

“sure.” She tied her hair up and and placed her hand on her chin and tilted her head and continued speaking.

“why are you so adorable?” I chuckled and she immediately reacted to that she sat back up straight.

“did I just say that out loud?” she asked with a wide-eyed gaze. The sun was falling on her face so her eyes were twinkling they were of a beautiful shade, so subtle they were so beautiful on her pretty face.

“I guess you did.” I laughed a little. She was so cute.

“crap. I didn’t mean to say that” she tried defending herself.

“it’s alright” I reassured her. I paid the bill and we got up from our seats and walked towards my car. Her phoned started ringing.

Hi, we’re one direction and this is the most annoying ringtone ever………

“You still have that ringtone? We recorded that ages ago.”

“I love it. Hello?” she smiled and attended the call.

“Oh hi Mum. How are you??” she talked for about twenty minutes by then we had reached the park and I has bought us each an ice-cream cone.

“oh kay…bye ma….i love you to. Yes. Uh huh. Okay. I promise. Yes tonight. Bye. Love you. I miss you too….bye…..yes I miss daddy too tell him I love him…….okay, fine bye.” She looked up at me half embarrassed and half apologetic.

“mums huh?”

“I’m sorry…”

“That’s fine I’ve had those conversations before I what it feels like.” I handed the cone to her and she cringed her face.

“Don’t like ice cream?”

“oh no! I LOVE ice-cream…..it’s just that vanilla? Seriously? It’s such a dull, boring and sad flavour. I mean unless you have it with crushed Oreos! That’s heaven.” And as usual I began laughing.

“I can get you another one” I offered her. But she refused and walked up to a little kid and handed her the ice cream. She looked like an angel she probably made her day. On a second look right about now, they both looked like angels.

“Smile for the camera” I told them as I lifted up my phone and angled it towards them. The picture was perfect I changed it to my lock screen.

We walk for a while and I heard her talk about things as I licked my ice cream. I wasn’t replying to her questions I’d make her repeat every single one of them two times. I couldn’t concentrate on what she was saying she spoke of senseless and un-understandable things. If you know what I mean……

I guess I had pissed her off or something ‘cause she grabbed my hand and forced myself to squish my scoop of ice cream right into my face. I cleaned my face with a tissue but by then she had already taken off probably because she knew I was a fast runner. She had a head start but I still knew I could catch up with her.

“ You know I’m gonna get ya! ” I screamed running after her. I didn’t know what I was going to do if I caught her I just knew she was somehow going to pay. I was about five meters away from her when she started climbing a tree. Seriously? A tree.

As I reached the tree she was on one of the top branches.

“come down!” I cupped my mouth and called at her.