Chapter 8 | The Switch

c h a p t e r  8

THE SWITCH

LIV.

I stared at the suitcase in horror as my breathing hitched. It clearly didn't belong to me. Inside there were button down shirts, jeans, men's boots, and other men's clothing. 

"Mom!" I screamed. "Come here!"

She appeared at my doorway, a worried look on her face. "What? What's wrong?" 

"This is not my suitcase," I said in a panic. "Those are not my things."

"How did that happen?" my mom pondered. "That darn airport always mixes up bags. I'll call them and file a complaint. We'll get your bag back."

This calmed me down a little, until I remembered that my bag had been with me the whole time, and during the flight I had put it in the overhead compartment. So that meant that the airport didn't mix up my bag-- I did.

"My bag was with me the whole time, so I must've taken someone else's suitcase somehow!" I said, starting to freak out. "The airport won't be able to help!"

"Maybe Piper knows what happened, why don't you ask her?" my mom suggested.

"Well, I'll just call Piper and tell her to check-" I stopped mid sentence as I realized something awful.

"MY PHONE IS IN MY SUITCASE!" I shrieked, now in hysterics.

"Olivia, sweetie, take a deep breath. It'll be okay. We'll figure it out."

"No, Mom, we won't! I have some random dude's suitcase, and he has mine, and he also has my phone! He probably already sold it on eBay. And a lot of my clothes were in my bag! And I have absolutely no way of contacting whoever has my bag. It could've been anyone in the London airport!" I was full on yelling now, the thought of my belongings being sold on the internet completely disconcerting.

Skyler poked her head in my room. "What's going on?" she asked.

"Nothing!" I snapped. "Just leave!"

My mom sighed. "Olivia has someone else's suitcase."

Skyler stifled a laugh as she walked over to examine the contents of the stranger's bag.

"But Olivia, this masculine button down would look so great on you," she smirked as she held it up.

"Out. Now," I glared.

She raised her hands in surrender as she strolled out the door. "Someone's touchy." 

__________

It had been a full day since I had realized my suitcase had been switched with someone else's.

Piper came over and we looked through the guy's bag together. "This sucks," I said glumly as she looked over the boots. "My parents say I have to buy a new phone myself."

"This guy has big feet," Piper said in awe, oblivious to me talking to her.

"Or we just have small feet," I said sarcastically.

"I can't believe some rando has your suitcase."

I giggled. "Imagine him opening his bag to find skinny jeans, tank tops, and sweaters."

"Not to mention all your bras and makeup," she added. We continued to crack up as we made up scenarios of the guy and his little "surprise."

I sighed and eyed the red suitcase in disappointment. As I looked it over for the millionth time, I saw something I hadn't noticed before. There was a very small luggage tag attached to the outside, so small that it was barely noticable.

I excitedly grabbed at the tag. "Pipe, check this out. There's a luggage tag. Maybe we'll figure out who the 'mystery man' is." I dramatically wiggled my eyebrows.

She grinned. "What does it say?"

I pulled the tiny tag closer and struggled to see the printed writing. My mouth dropped open as I read the name.

"No freakin' way," I muttered. "This is a joke."

__________

PIPER.

I found it hilarious that Olivia's bag got switched with some random guy's. It partially made up for the early ending of our trip.

I looked on curiously as she tried to read the little luggage tag. Her mouth suddenly opened wide. 

"No freakin' way," she said, clearly in shock. "This is a joke."

"What are you talking about, crazy?" I asked jokingly. "Who's our 'mystery man?' "

She anxiously looked up at me. "Promise me you won't freak out."

I was confused now. "Freak out? Why would I do that?"

"Don't freak out, okay?" Olivia repeated.

"What? Who's suitcase is it?" I asked her. She was making no sense.

She looked at me with wide eyes before answering.

"The tag says Harry Styles."

__________

Boom! Just dropped that bomb on you.
One Direction become more involved very soon ;)