Chapter II.

Stepping inside the gym, Ai felt nervous having all eyes on her. The boys stopped practicing and analyzed her.

'What have I gotten myself into?'

        The questioned she asked herself about fifty times now. Sugawara placed a hand on her shoulders which made her blush profoundly and sent shivers throughout her whole body.

"Ah, Nagano-san! Did I startle you?!"

"Aha, look what you did, Sugawara. Looks like you take after Asahi, after all."

The guy from earlier vents off snickers, making Sugawara sweatdrop.

"Daichi, this is Nagano Ai. She's going to be watch today's pratice with me."

"Great! The name's Sawamura, Sawamura Daichi. You can call me whichever you prefer. By the way, Sugawara, two of the new first years are just about to finish filling up their forms, maybe they can join you."

Ai listened to them, not even daring to say a single word, afraid that she might make a fool out of herself. Again.

Sugawara let his hand to drop to his side, motioning for her to follow him. He took a seat on one of the benches, patting the empty spot beside him.

"Come, sit here, Nagano-san."

        She obliged. That's when she noticed that her throat felt kind of...dry. Unzipping her bag, she rummaged through her stuff. Wait...did she—.

GOD, NO. She had to go back!

Just as she zipped her bag, she immediately stood up and came crashing to a wall. Wait, no. Not really. It was just the blonde guy from earlier.

Slowly, she tilted her face up to the sky. Okay, maybe that's too much. But, dang, that boy's tall. His dark hues were so focused on her (which was really creepy) that it almost made her want to buy herself a coffin and stay inside there forever.

With beet red cheeks, her mouth became slightly agape as she tried to think of a stupid excuse.

"Uhm...uh...err," Tonk!

Something had hit her head.

"Ow! What was that—." She was cut off when she saw her water bottle being dangled infront of her face. Gratefully, she took it from the blond and muttered a soft 'thank you.'

"Ha? What was that? I couldn't hear you well. You're too short."

"I said, thank you!" She yelped.

"Right. You owe me one, midget." Behind him, a freckled boy softly chuckled and rubbed his neck sheepishly.

"Tsukki doesn't really mean that."

Hearing that nickname made her throat feel dry once again.

"Tsu...kishima? Yamaguchi?!"

"Eh?" He rose both brows at the female, slightly leaning down and scrutinizing her features. For a moment there, Ai saw his lips twitch.

"Mhm. I remember you."

"Ah, Nagano-san?! It's been too long! How have you..." She started zoning out when Yamaguchi began to speak, thinking that all of these was so surreal. Who knew that she'd see these two, again?!

'Ah, that's great! He actually remembers me!'

"You're that weird and crazy girl that always snaps at guys whenever they get five foot close to you."

Wait, what?

Did he seriously just say that?

UNBELIEVABLE.

        And he even had the audacity to show off that smug smirk of his! Just...someone please stop her from murdering this boy. Not that she'd actually do it.

"You...guys know each other?" Sugawara finally speaks up, feeling the need to break the tension building up between the two.

"Uhu," She nodded, keeping her gaze trained on him. Now, they're just having this intense staring contest.

"Eh, Tsukki, maybe you should—." Yamaguchi was cut off when the blonde turned towards the exit and started walking away. Once he and his friend were finally out off sight, Ai slumped back down and heaved a deep sigh.

"Ne, Nagano-san, what was that back there?"

Ai turned to the pale haired male, shooting him a forced smile as she fidgeted with the bottle she received from the male. He continued to have this worried expression on his face, patiently awaiting for an answer.

"I knew him from middle school," Letting out another sigh, she leaned her head back against the wall. "I...don't really know if I really knew him that well. Though, I know that Yamaguchi's stayed by his side after all these years."

The thought of them alone made her smile to herself.

"Maybe I wasn't expecting for us to meet here."

"Well, you never know what life has in store for you," Sugawara tried to sound upbeat, gently nudging the female's arm as he shot her another one of his famous motherly smiles.

"You know what, Sugawara-san..?"

"Hmm?"

"Maybe I will consider your offer." She grinned.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hello, friends! Yes, it's Chase, again. So, first of, I don't own any of the Haikyuu!! characters, neither Ai's face, aka Natsume Asako from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun! I'm hoping that you're enjoying this story so far!