Chapter IV.

Her eyes sparkled, her lips forming an O shape after Tanaka successfully scored a point. Tanaka took off his shirt, making her shield her eyes. Tsukishima only scoffed in return from the other side of the court.

"Put your shirt back on!" Ennoshita commented.

"Stop being a show off!" Kinoshita added.

"Heh. How are you liking the game so far, Nagano-san?" Sugawara asked, walking up beside her.

"I like it! Though.." Carefully, Ai glanced over to other two first years, Kageyama and Hinata, seemingly wanting to bite each other's head off. Of course, Tanaka was there to stop them from going any further. A while ago, Sugawara gave Kageyama some words of encouragement. He just listened intently, fully getting his senpai's point.

"I'm sure they'll get there."

"Don't worry. They'll eventually warm up to each other..hopefully." Sugawara added, sweatdropping.

She continued to watch the three, and Tanaka said something that made the both of them stop bickering and nod their heads firmly.

The whistled blowed once again, and it was Kageyama's turn to serve.

It all happened so fast. The ball was quick, but Sawamura was quicker. He received the ball with ease, a smug grin resting upon his lips. Ai could only watch in amazement.

"Amazing.." She murmurs. Sugawara side-glanced at her, letting out a brief chuckle. He couldn't help but find her so adorable and innocent. Like a puppy.

"Crap! Cover, cover!" Tanaka hissed, after struggling on receiving Tsukishima's spike.

"I got it!" Kageyama exclaimed, getting into position. For a split second, he seemed to analyze what was happening around him. From his peripheral vision, he saw Hinata open for an attack. His eyes were focused on him, as if they were whispering to him.

'Give me the ball.'

"Kageyama!" Tanaka called from his left side. Taking a deep breath, he let his hands do all the work. The ball smoothly shot straight, directly into Hinata's palm.

Like, literally.

Hinata slammed it down with such force, the ball seemed to flatten against the floor of the gym before bouncing to the wall.

The previous scene left everybody quiet for awhile before Tanaka erupted in cheers, followed by Sugawara and Ennoshita. Daichi grinned. Tsukishima simply clicked his tounge, adjusting his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

"F-Fuwaah!" Ai stood up, eyes widened in pure amazement as she kept her gaze trained on the duo. "What was that?!"

Hinata and Kageyama were still trying to process what just happened before erupting into screams and cheers.

"Now that's what I call, 'freak quick.'" Narita commented.

"As expected from the king." Tsukishima hissed quietly. Yamaguchi simply glanced over at him, a troubled look upon his face.

"This is gonna be troublesome." Daichi sighs deeply before the whistle blowed once again.

Throughout the whole game, Tsukishima was forced to change his blocking tactics. Little by little, Hinata and Kageyama began to move in sync. Both teams fought hard, but in the end, Tanaka's team won.

"G-Good game!" Ai stutters out, handing both Kageyama and Hinata their water bottles.

They both looked down at the bottles, cheeks tinted pink as they took them from her.