Chapter 8

During English, I couldn't think straight. Bryan caught me by surprise back in the hallway. I wondered what was going through his mind after the kiss. When the bell rang for class to be over I grabbed my stuff and left. Then, I went to my locker. Susan was standing there. "Hey what did you think when he kissed you? Did you like it? Did you think it was weird or what?" Susan asked. "I thought why did he kiss me, I liked it, and it was a little weird." I said. Susan smiled. "I thought it was weird especially since he's your 'cousin'." She said. "Can we change the subject? It's already hard enough trying not to think about it. I said. Then, I gathered my textbook, notebook, pencil, and calculater for my 2nd hour class. I passed Bryan on the way there and he looked at me. I just kept walking. "Mikala. Wait up!" He said. I stopped for a second and waited for Bryan on the stairs. "Hurry up or we are going to be late for class." I said with a smirk on my face. When he finally caught up I walked up the stairs and entered Mr Halloway's Algebra Class. I sat in my seat, and put my stuff for class on my desk. "Attention class I am coming around to pick up your assignments. I expect that all of you did it. If you didn't do it talk to me after class." Mr. Halloway said. I opened my notebook and tore out my assignment. I put it neatly on my desk. When Mr. Halloway came to my desk he picked up my assignment scanned it and said, "Thank you, I appreciate that you took the time to do your work." He said. Mr. Halloway kept walking and ended up at Bryan's desk. "Who are you young man?" He asked. "My name is Bryan Jones, sir." Bryan said. "It seems that you are related to Ms. Jones," Mr. Halloway said. "I will give you yesterday's assignment for tonight's homework." Mr. Halloway said. Then, he picked up all the other assignments and he went to his desk and graded. He handed them back at the end of the hour. My homework had a good grade on it. I had gotten an 82% on the assignment. I looked at my paper and saw my mistake I wrote down what I did wrong in my notebook. Then, the bell rang. I gathered my stuff waited for Bryan and we left.