Prologue

Three year old Kayden walked delicately along the rail outside the trailer, before flipping forward onto her hands, kicking her feet up to balance on her hands, a look of concentration on her face as she focused on perfecting her routine. Her parents had left in a hurry, telling her to stay with Mr Haly, who had told her they were getting her brother. But that had been two days ago and she missed her parents. According to Mr Haly, she had been moping inside the entire time, whatever that meant, and had instructed her to do something productive outside, which was why she was teaching herself a new routine.
The door to the trailer opened, interrupting her thoughts, and Mr Haly stepped out. Kayden didn't interrupt her routine as she lifted one hand to grip her ankle, balancing on one hand. "Hi, Mr Haly," she said. "Look what I can do, I've been practicing."
"I can see that," he said with an amused smile on his face. "But, Kayden, I have wonderful news. Your parents are on their way back with your brother. They should be home any minute."
Kayden paused, before carefully bending backwards to rest her foot on the rail, other still gripped by her hand. She wobbled a bit, nearly falling off the rail, but Mr Haly's warm hands steadied her and she released her ankle as she allowed herself to be picked up. "I don't want a brother," she announced.
"Well, why not?" He asked, carrying her toward the parking lot.
"Because I miss Mami and Tati and it's all his fault."
Mr Haly burst out laughing and Kayden pouted, crossing her arms. "I'm sure you'll change your mind once you meet him," Mr Haly said.
"No, I won't," she insisted, crossing her arms.
Before either could say anything, a car pulled into the parking lot and came to a stop in front of the duo. Once John and Mary were out of the car, Kayden noticed her mother cradling a blanket wrapped bundle in her arms. "Kayden, I want you to meet someone," Mary said. "This is your brother Richard John Grayson."
"We've decided to call him Dick," John said.

Batman, Robin and Kittyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें