Jealousy

The first thing I noticed after looking at all the shops in the town, was that it was getting dark. I'd looked through every single building in the town and apparently I had also managed to lose track of time. It was fun walking around and my new cloths made it even better. I looked down at the wolf and he looked forward watching the few people who were still out.

"Hey boy, lets go look for Graham," I told him and his ears twitched as he looked up at me. "Any idea where the bar is? He might be there."

Out of all the buildings I saw, I did not remember seeing the bar, but the wolf did, because he turned around and began walking in the direction we came from. I followed him and he stopped in front of a small building. We must have just passed it, if it was this close.

I opened the door and was about to walk in when I saw Graham sitting at the bar talking to another women. She laughed and he smiled at something he had said. I got a angry feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I didn't understand why. Instead of doing the rational thing and going to talk to him, I turned around and walked out of the bar, towards the woods.

As I walked, the wolf still following me, I thought about the way he made that women laugh and him smiling at her. My steps got firmer and faster.

We were almost in the woods, when the wolf walked faster and stopped right in front of me, facing me. He growled and I took a small step back. "What?" I asked.

He looked behind him, I sighed. "He can come find us later, he's busy right now. Obviously."

The wolf looked up at me and growled again. That confused me, if he wanted me to go back he'd nudge me leg. Over the past days I've gotten to know the wolf very well. "What?" I asked again.

Suddenly a hand covered my mouth and another snaked around my waist. Someone had grabbed me and held me tight. It was not Graham, that I knew. This person wore metal. I struggled against the persons grasp as the wolf went over and made snapping noises. I bit the hand over my mouth and the person called out removing his hand.

I tried to get the other arm off of me, but the other hand came back with a knife in hand and put if up to my throat. The wolf growled again and snapped. "Get out of here," I said to him, I wouldn't let the wolf get hurt because of me. "Go!" I exclaimed when he still tried biting the person.

He looked up at me with his one red eye and with a small whimper, ran back in the direction we'd come from. When he was gone, the person began dragging me into the woods. I didn't dare fight against him, now that he had a knife to my throat.

The person dragged me just a little ways into the woods before, removing the hand from around my waist and using it to turn me around. Then I got pushed up against a tree, the knife returning to my neck.

I finally got look at the captor and recognized him immediately. It was one of my fathers soldiers, well, actually it was one of his top ones. Hector.

"Finally I managed to find you, your fathers has been really mad lately, ever since you ran. Made life a little more difficult for all of us soldiers who have to find you," he said in a angry tone, Hector also has history of being easily angered. He scares me, so I decided to stay quiet.

He looked like he waited for a response and not getting one, he took the handle of his knife and hit against my head. I called out as my head whipped to the side and I felt something wet run down my face. "Your more stubborn since the last time I saw you."

"I'm not a fragile princess anymore," I snapped back.

Hector laughed, "You'll always be a fragile princess. You can try to change yourself, but anyone who knows your princess will only see you as fragile."

"I am not a princess anymore and I'm not going back to the castle."

"Yes, you are and I'm going to drag you there if necessary," he said grabbing my arm again and dragging me a distance.

Something flashed by my face as he continued to drag me and I heard Hector grunt, before his arm released me and there was a thump on the ground. I looked down and saw Hector laying on the ground. Turning around I came face to face with Graham, the moon the only thing illuminating him. The wolf stood off to the side and I figured he must have went to get him. Smart wolf.

"Thank you," I said to him, nervously rubbing my arm. The anger was still in my stomach from seeing him earlier, but he had just saved me from a very painful journey. I had very mixed emotions.

"Are you okay," He asked looking into my eyes and the anger just dissipated. Like it was never there. I smiled a half smile at him and nodded.

"I'm fine," I said and he brought a hand up to my cheek, his index finger touching my forehead.

"Liar, your foreheads bleeding," he responded, moving his finger over the wound, I winced.

"Yeah, he hit me with his knife handle."

"I'll get a fire going, so I can see and then take care of your wound."

"Alright," I said and he removed his hand from my cheek and turned around to collect wood. Butterfly's were in my stomach as I realized that he may have talked to a women at the bar, but he came back to save me and he was worried about me.